Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Head Coach Search Matt Patricia

jets browns Broncos all will have new qbs... surprised as well.. that's usually when you bring in a new coach.

Works both ways tho. New QB could mean coach killer as well. Coaches want to know what they're walking into. That's why Detroit and Oakland will be favored spots for HC's. They already have Stafford and Carr in place...

Pats are 31st in rush d ypc allowing 4.7 ypc. 17th in qb rating allowed. 25th in turnovers forced. Yet pats are 5th best in ppg defense. It makes no god damn sense besides ball control offense

So the Patricia lovers have some warts

Lions 21st rush d at 4.2 ypc, 15th qb rating and 3rd in turnovers forced with 32

And pats played 6 abysmal offenses in bills, jets and dolphins. And oak and Denver

Pats did well against chargers , Falcons and steelers losing brown. Won shootouts against saints and Texans. Lost to chiefs week 1 debacle and shootout to panthers

And I think Patricia turns our D around if hired. He did things to fix that Patriots D in the 2nd half that were legendary. The Pats were decimated with injuries and he worked with what he had and dominated. Their last 8-10 were incredible on D.

And I think Patricia turns our D around if hired. He did things to fix that Patriots D in the 2nd half that were legendary. The Pats were decimated with injuries and he worked with what he had and dominated. Their last 8-10 were incredible on D.

Incredible played shit offenses

Hightower only real injury

Incredible played shit offenses

Hightower only real injury

Still got the job done and were plugging guys in on that DLine and LB spots while getting results. That's coaching and he's a good one...

Last edited:

Is that Patricia or bellicheck... that's the question. Allot of pats coordinators have failed as HC.. especially defensive.

Highlights from Quinn's post season presser:

Stafford won't have input or be part of interview

Ownership will not be part of interview

Caldwell couldn't beat good teams 4-23 against winning records if i remember correctly.

No preference on offensive or defensive coach.

Is that Patricia or bellicheck... that's the question. Allot of pats coordinators have failed as HC.. especially defensive.

Obviously a bit of both. BB was a very good defensive minded coach but Patricia isn't just sitting there with his thumb up his fkn nose...lol.
And I just had this argument not too long ago with a friend about Patriots coaches failing as HC`s. SO WHAT?! It doesn`t mean you stop trying. If he`s the right guy for the job then you hire him. Quinn obviously has a plan....

Caldwell couldn't beat good teams 4-23 against winning records if i remember correctly.

There go any rumors about Stafford demanding that Cooter stays on board.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018...ob-quinns-press-conference-jim-caldwell-fired

A lot of honesty from Quinn. I generally don?t care much about pressers, but glad to read some of the quotes.

I love the fact we're giving Austin a shot. I've thought all along he'd fit well here. I doubt he gets the job.....and he might just be the Rooney rule interview.

If he moves on, I wish him well. He did a good job given the talent he was given.

Last edited:
Will people stop with the Rooney rule excuse lol. At least three of the dudes we?re interviewing are black. You only need to interview one.

Confirmed scheduled interviews so far this week:

Tuesday - Teryl Austin
Wednesday - Mike Vrabel
Thursday - Pat Shurmur

there's a clause in the Rooney rule that says you have to interview 3 black guys if you fire one

Is Wayne Fontes black......what % of African American does one need to be?

I say we interview Barry Sanders......every time we need a coach from now on. We need a Lion to run the franchise!!

Confirmed scheduled interviews so far this week:

Tuesday - Teryl Austin
Wednesday - Mike Vrabel
Thursday - Pat Shurmur

Patricia, Austin or Vrabel for me. In that order.

Whoever wants to be most aggressive offensively gets the job.

Back