Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Head Coach Search Matt Patricia

Really intrigued about Pat Shurmer. Impressed by what he did with an offense that had significant injuries (don't let LKP fool you).

I was big on Gym Shorts and thought Hue Jackson would be a solid HC. So both Patricia and Shurmur sound good but what do I know.

I can't stomach articles with headlines like that.

Bill Belichick is not coming with 500 miles of this franchise, unless he has to stop in Detroit for gas.

I can't stomach articles with headlines like that.

Bill Belichick is not coming with 500 miles of this franchise, unless he has to stop in Detroit for gas.

I somewhat agree but there is the Quinn association..

I hadn't realized but Patricia has coached offense and defense in NE.That's a plus..

ESPN is reporting the Lions are blocking Teryl Austin from meeting with the Packers about the team's d-coordinator role. Lions also blocked Cooter from talking to the Bears a couple years ago and quarterbacks coach Brian Callahan last year.

ESPN is reporting the Lions are blocking Teryl Austin from meeting with the Packers about the team's d-coordinator role. Lions also blocked Cooter from talking to the Bears a couple years ago and quarterbacks coach Brian Callahan last year.

Does that mean he stays here? Or just division rivals?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Assuming Patricia is the hire, I’m curious to see what he does on offense...with Stafford’s comments in support of Cooter, will Cooter stay OC?

Assuming Patricia is the hire, I’m curious to see what he does on offense...with Stafford’s comments in support of Cooter, will Cooter stay OC?

Without a tree of his own, I would think cooter stays

Cooter and Stafford have great numbers

Hire a specific run game coordinator and new oline coach

And get Decker, Lang and Wagner much healthier.

Last edited:
Maybe I am alone, but I got tired of watching Cooter's offense the entire season. It was a constant desire to force feed the running back when the team clearly could not. I'm cool with keeping him to work with Stafford in some capacity, but I would like to see the entire philosophy on both sides of the ball change. If you are bringing in a new HC, flush it all and let's do it wholesale, not bits and pieces.

Maybe I am alone, but I got tired of watching Cooter's offense the entire season. It was a constant desire to force feed the running back when the team clearly could not. I'm cool with keeping him to work with Stafford in some capacity, but I would like to see the entire philosophy on both sides of the ball change. If you are bringing in a new HC, flush it all and let's do it wholesale, not bits and pieces.

You always need to consider what you'll get in return. We bash cooter allot... but he's probably better for this team then most of the people that would come in.

You always need to consider what you'll get in return. We bash cooter allot... but he's probably better for this team then most of the people that would come in.

Never know that. All I know is that whatever we watched this last few seasons with him hasn't worked. There's been some good, but they are in the same spot now than when he started. I just want this thing changed top to bottom.

Back