Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Free Agency

The good news is John Kitna says we're on the cusp of a title. So we got that going for us - which is nice.

You mean his 0 TD 205 yard performance in his last playoff game? His post season games have been progressively worse. Can't keep on blaming bad refs/luck.

The game with like 8 drops and backup oline playing. Stafford played well in that game

I'm sorry we can't criticize Matt. When's he going to step up and win a playoff game? It's it still the teams problem but not Matt's? As a QB his playoff performances have gotten worse. Can't win the big game.. As a supposed elite he can't take it upon himself and win a game by himself..

You just said it. "Team". Matt is part of the team, genius. It's not all on Stafford to just win a playoff game for fuck sakes. He's still a top flight QB in this league and it's not even debatable anymore.
But you go ahead and call Jimmy G better. You look like a full blown moron lol.

Say what?

I'm just sick of guys like Blake Bortles, and Nick Foles winning playoff games. You can blame the defense or team in general but when is our super stud going to take the next step?

Nick Foles just won a SB. Guess where he's playing next yr? He's backing up Carson Wentz lol. Or, some team will overpay for him in a trade and we'll see the real Nick Foles. Foles or Bortles are not even in the same convo as Staff's skills. Take your fkn head outta your ass....

Nick Foles just won a SB. Guess where he's playing next yr? He's backing up Carson Wentz lol. Or, some team will overpay for him in a trade and we'll see the real Nick Foles. Foles or Bortles are not even in the same convo as Staff's skills. Take your fkn head outta your ass....

Blake Bortles doesn't sniff the playoffs his entire career without a top 5 defense carrying him

Last edited:
Blake Bottles doesn't sniff the playoffs his entire career without a top 5 defense carrying him

Exactly! Bortles is fucking garbage. The only thing he does well is run the football lol. That's it. Jacksonville is loaded with good WRs and they're barely relevant...

Lamar Miller may get cut by the Texans. He would be a perfect fit for us. A work horse who can also catch the ball out of the backfield. He will be 27 this upcoming season. I would rather have him over a draft pick.

Exactly! Bortles is fucking garbage. The only thing he does well is run the football lol. That's it. Jacksonville is loaded with good WRs and they're barely relevant...

What's funny is that people wanted to trade Stafford to get that pos. So stupid

What's funny is that people wanted to trade Stafford to get that pos. So stupid

Hilarious! I remember Mike Valenti slobbering all over Bortles nuts like 2-3 yrs ago as well. This yr he trashed the hell out of him lol.
Imagine Stafford on the Jaguars??? That team would be unstoppable. They don't want a good QB tho. They want to live and die thru their defense and that's going to bite them in the ass....

You miss the point. Build the freakin' team (or more important build the defense) and any QB can win a playoff game. And I never said Jimmy G. was better just that he'd have a better season.

Aren't you guys freakin' tired of 9-7?

You miss the point. Build the freakin' team (or more important build the defense) and any QB can win a playoff game. And I never said Jimmy G. was better just that he'd have a better season.

Aren't you guys freakin' tired of 9-7?

Stafford plays like a 14-2 qb though. Stay healthy, get some calls, 13 wins and more

I've seen a lot if articles saying Detroit should make a run at Andrew Norwell. Setting aside personal feelings about the player, what is everyone's feeling about investing that much money in the O-line? This isn't simply about having a good O-line (which I think everyone would agree is a good thing), but whether the team can and should afford three top paid blockers (knowing we'd still have to pay our LT in the future)?

Back