Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Free Agency

I've seen a lot if articles saying Detroit should make a run at Andrew Norwell. Setting aside personal feelings about the player, what is everyone's feeling about investing that much money in the O-line? This isn't simply about having a good O-line (which I think everyone would agree is a good thing), but whether the team can and should afford three top paid blockers (knowing we'd still have to pay our LT in the future)?

Lang will be gone by the time it's time to pay Decker. Lang has two years left. Decker has two more cheaper years then the 5th year option. Lang won't be the guard when it's time to 5th year option Decker. Glasgow has two really cheap years as well.

Norwell is a good player who is worth it. I would love to find a mid round really good guard but that is more difficult, especially getting them to play well right away. Norwell more of a sure thing (not guaranteed though) and the best option for 2018 at least.

Decker, Norwell, Glasgow, Lang, Wagner is a really really really good offensive line combo. Joe Dahl is one depth player but you could use a 2nd or 3rd round on a good backup tackle. The Lions finally need to bring in a good backup tackle given the injuries that keep hitting (Decker, Reiff and Wagner). Corey Robinson and Mihalik held their own but they just don't cut it.

Honey badger expected to be cut by cardinals. He'd look nice in Honolulu blue!

Last edited:
Richard Sherman is going to be cut also. I would take either of them.
I wouldn't touch Sherman after blowing his Achilles late in the season. He's a top CB in name only now. Maybe if he was signed on a 1 year vet min, incentive laden, prove it deal, I'd be ok with it, but his name alone will command a larger contract. Pass.

Last edited:
I wouldn't touch Sherman after blowing his Achilles late in the season. He's a top CB in name only now. Maybe if he was signed on a 1 year vet min, incentive laden, prove it deal, I'd be ok with it, but his name alone will command a larger contract. Pass.

I agree with you. Not many players can come back from that injury and be the same. Not saying it cant happen but at his age its unlikely

49ers and CB Richard Sherman reached agreement tonight on a three-year deal, source tells ESPN.
Sherman is a 49er.

3 yr 39 mil for a guy coming off surgery on both his achilles and one being torn. No thank you!

Last edited:
way to big of a contract for Sherman... Any word on Honey Badger? lol we should offer them a couple low round picks and a swap or something for him since they have little leverage they probably would accept and his contract isn't THAT bad with our space...

Drc released by giants. Probably 4 years too late to make a run on him... wanted him his last fa run.

Back