Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

A song for atheists.

thanks, but we have plenty of songs.

atheist musicians:
- Georges Bizet, Maurice Ravel, Dmitry Shostakovich, Charlie Parker, Linda Ronstadt, all of Pink Floyd, Eddie Vedder, Randy Newman, Gary Numan, Bjork, Billy Joel, Henry Rollins, Frank Zappa, and since i assume that was only people who were directly asked the question and responded, there are probably more than that.

there's also a more recent guy who writes really anti-religious folk songs a former coworker played for me, some of which were actually pretty catchy... but i can't remember the guy's name. I'll text him.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, but we have plenty of songs.

atheist musicians:
- Georges Bizet, Maurice Ravel, Dmitry Shostakovich, Charlie Parker, Linda Ronstadt, all of Pink Floyd, Eddie Vedder, Randy Newman, Gary Numan, Bjork, Billy Joel, Henry Rollins, Frank Zappa...

These are atheists who write or perform songs, but the songs aren't necessarily about being atheists or about or advocating atheism.a

I guess Zappa wrote an semi-anti Jesus freak song, The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing.

"Those Jesus Freaks
Well, they're friendly but
The shit they believe
Has got their minds all shut
An' they don't even care
When the church takes a cut
Ain't it bleak when you got so much nothin'"

Even in the lyric he calls Jesus Freaks friendly.

I don't know much about the music of most of them except for Linda Ronstadt maybe, but I've never heard anything about any of them having their music specifically being about atheism.

If Linda Ronstadt's music is about atheism I have somehow managed to miss that completely for years.

Plus she's not an atheist even everyday. Some days she claims to be agnostic.

Back