Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Universe without God shouldn't exists CERN research suggest

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...explain-universe-s-matterantimatter-imbalance

Same experiment, different headline.

New test of electron’s roundness could help explain universe’s matter/antimatter imbalance

Personally, I suspect time plays a role. I don't know how they measured the roundness, but I suspect it appears to be one shape, time-averaged over anything we can measure, and has a different shape over infinitesimally short periods. Like 10^-35ish seconds. I'm talking out my ass though.

http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/time-is-created-by-the-observer-argues-new-research

Time Might Not Exist Outside of Our Minds, Propose Scientists

Experiencing time is one of the weird parts of our lives. Often, there's just not enough of it. Other days, there's way too much time on our hands. And no matter what, it keeps going forward, like an inexorable tugboat, pulling us through emotional experiences and physical transformations. We are left with memories of what has been, unable to change anything, unable to jump forward and see what'll happen next.

Yet, such a common experience of time may not be what it appears to be. A new paper published in the October issue of the Annalen der Physik, known for publishing Albert Einstein’s theories of special and general relativity, argues that time is not some force outside of us, but rather a phenomenon created by the observer. Basically, you make your own time.

The paper's co-authors, biologist Robert Lanza and physicist Dimitriy Podolskiy, point out the conundrum that despite how one-directional experiencing time feels to us, most physicists think that time should work the same way forward and backward. Unraveling this mystery leads us down the rabbit hole into the contradictions between general relativity and quantum mechanics.

One popular view in the physics community is that time itself is the product a quantum gravity-related "decoherence" or "wave function collapse". This process is described through the Wheeler-DeWhitt equation, which is what Lanza and Podolskiy tested in their research and found that the gravity's effects are too slow to explain the emergence of the "arrow of time". Instead, the researchers proposed that time's creation is dependent on the observer.

Back