Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MNF - Pats vs Dolphins

Well it was a slightly different game in 2001-2006. There wasn't a single year that Tom Brady didn't finish in the top 10 in QB rating.
It's just flat out easier to play QB now.

In 2001 there was 1 QB with a 100+ rating (Warner at 101.4)
There were only 5 QBs above 90.

This year there is 6 QBs over 100 and 17 over 90 rating.

So a statistically average QB now, would have been a statistically top 5 QB 16 years ago.

I'll take the best QB in the league over the best coach in the league.

I can't argue with that. But over the long term, coaching has a massive affect on a players career? Especially the quarterback position. I don't think Tom Brady is a five-time Super Bowl winner if he gets drafted by Cleveland.

Been saying for a long time. It's almost like they're afraid of the INT. It's okay to have 15-18 INT if you're getting 40 TD's. Like 2011, that guy becomes a potential hall of fame guy. Not an Alex Smith guy.

Last 6 years, including 2017, only 1 season he has 30+ TD. We don't have the defense to win with an Alex Smith type QB.

I'm not saying that. But his game changed. He was gunslinger and then turned into a check down QB. And that's what he is for the most part. It's much easier to defend a QB like that. Sure they get these nice passer ratings but in the end that's all they get.

Back