Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Roy Roundtree

He has been at Indiana State the past couple seasons, I believe. Before that he was here in CO playing for some semi-pro team or indoor league or something.

Good for him!

One of the most iconic catches in M football history, IMO! Right in front of us!

roundtree.jpg

I saw maizeandbrew announced Pep Hamilton's title just changed to add WR/QB coach to whatever it was before.

hopefully Roundtree is good at this coaching thing... we'll need it.

He has been at Indiana State the past couple seasons, I believe. Before that he was here in CO playing for some semi-pro team or indoor league or something.

Good for him!

One of the most iconic catches in M football history, IMO! Right in front of us!

roundtree.jpg

I will never forget this catch! I was at this game and it was incredible! I remember everyone staying and celebrating and singing after the game for a long time. I hope he works out as a coach. I love bringing players back!

I saw maizeandbrew announced Pep Hamilton's title just changed to add WR/QB coach to whatever it was before.

hopefully Roundtree is good at this coaching thing... we'll need it.

I can't believe we are retaining Pep. He has sucked everywhere he coached with Stanford being the only exception. Must be nice having the benefit of being Jim's friend.

I can't believe we are retaining Pep. He has sucked everywhere he coached with Stanford being the only exception. Must be nice having the benefit of being Jim's friend.

it really is mind boggling.

all this team needed to be a contender was an average offense, and it looks like that will be the case next year as well, given our returning defensive talent and coaching.

our offense doesn't need to be great or even good. instead, aside from the games where we went run-heavy and ground out yards & clock, they were a constant liability.

all this team needed to be a contender was an average offense, and it looks like that will be the case next year as well, given our returning defensive talent and coaching.

our offense doesn't need to be great or even good. instead, aside from the games where we went run-heavy and ground out yards & clock, they were a constant liability.

No one in the passing game improved all season long. That's on Pep. He's the passing game coordinator.

He is giving our young WRs way too many route trees to memorize. He's overloading them and they have to think too much out on the field. Our leading receiver had 307 yards. The last time we had a leading WR with yardage lower than that was in 1973. Paul Seal had 254 yards that year. We only threw 102 passes that year. We threw 346 times in 2017.

the plays that really stuck with me were the drop back passes that resulted in easy QB pressure, and sacks that killed drives.

That's my enduring memory of this season, accurate or not: Higdon or Evans carries for a first down. next play we call a drop back pass with slowly developing routes, but Speight/O'Korn is sacked before they even finish the drop back. time and time again, someone comes in unblocked and blows it up... even teams with unheralded defenses.

now it's 2nd and 17, and we have to pass, but no one is open so we throw it away to avoid another sack. then on 3rd and 17, we play conservative and run a draw, then punt it. if it's later in the game and we can't afford to play for field position, we're forced to throw, and what seems like 90% of the time, the result is an INC pass, another sack or INT.

how do we get here? we're running the ball well, and then what? is Drevno calling these plays and badly timing the play-action? are we giving away an obvious "tell" when the play call is a pass? or is Pep deciding we should pass more because he looks better when we rack up passing yards, rather than rushing yards?

how is this being worked out by committee in the 35 seconds (or less) between plays? does Harbaugh intervene? do they quickly flip a coin?

in our losses, the offense is as bad as it was under Hoke/Nussmeier. maybe even worse considering how good we COULD be... it's obviously not a lack of talent. like you said, they didn't improve all year, no matter who was under center.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotta disagree with you. The offense needs to be good.

The defense is pretty damn good, but got exposed in big games. I don't think they are good enough to carry the weight if they were to get into big time games (ie playoff, BTC).

Last edited:
but is he a coach?

LOL, I was gonna go there, but I figured we were all getting sick of arguing with the spartoons on this.

Roundtree will be living in Harbaugh's basement while he finishes up some classes.

there's an old a mattress down there he can sleep on. Mrs. Harbaugh will leave some leftovers on the steps for him each night.

He also came to a few bball games, sitting in student section and acting like other students...looked like he was having fun

Back