Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

Somewhere in Hollywood...

its-not-a-memo-its-a-mission-statement.jpg

C: The reality is that the FBI launches investigations all the time based on information gleaned from drug dealers, arms traffickers, stool-pigeons, various petty criminals and fraudsters. Steele isn't any of those types....he’s a highly respected intelligence vet with a strong track record on Russia. The question of who paid him to dig into Trump’s past is entirely irrelevant. and it would still be entirely irrelevant, even if it had in fact been the thing that began "Russiagate". Trump wasn't the original target, but a couple of his "best" people that he had hired became as such.

It was George Papadopoulos blathering on about how the campaign was trying to get dirt on Clinton from the Russians to an Australian ambassador that launched the investigation.

not anymore he's not. and the idea that the parties who paid him to dig into Trump's past is irrelevant when that digging is used as the reason that gets a judge to issue then re-issue the FISA warrant, is absurd.

On Face the Nation this week, when asked if the warrant would have been issued without the Dossier, Trey Gowdy said unequivocally, "No, it would not."

Last edited:
if you rail on about the tactics of Hoover and/or Nixon and how evil and dangerous they were to our republic but you're making excuses for or dismissing offhand what the FBI did here and are howling at the moon about protecting national security and the autonomy of the FBI you're clearly just a partisan hack. And it's not just the memo - the texts between Strozk and Page actively talking about their support for hilary and contingency plans to take down Trump.

That the popular press is trying make the argument that releasing information somehow violates the sanctity of the FBI and harms our national security is beyond hypocritical.

If you can look at all this and say "no biggie" or it's just a big nothing burger, it's obvious hyper partisanship.

Last edited:
Gowdy also says that the memo has no impact on the Russia probe and there more likely would have been an investigation without the dossier.

not anymore he's not. and the idea that the parties who paid him to dig into Trump's past is irrelevant when that digging is used as the reason that gets a judge to issue then re-issue the FISA warrant, is absurd.

On Face the Nation this week, when asked if the warrant would have been issued without the Dossier, Trey Gowdy said unequivocally, "No, it would not."

I actually think the real issue coming from the memo, is whether Andrew McCabe actually testified that a FISA warrant would not have been sought if not for the dossier. If he really did testify to that, and it turns out to be true (large "if" as we may never know the answer), then I do think there is a problem.

I don't think it affects Mueller's investigation, but it may affect Rosenstein as he signed one of the FISA warrant requests.

Anyway, like I mentioned, it is always somewhere in-between the intense rhetoric of the two sides. No huge shocker, but also does indicate there may be some FISA anomalies to investigate.

Last edited:
Gowdy also says that the memo has no impact on the Russia probe and there more likely would have been an investigation without the dossier.

did he say no impact or did he say it wouldn't have stopped it? And I never called for an end to the investigation, nor did I predict the memo would indicate we should nor am I saying it does, so far - there is still a lot intelligence related to the memo that's classified but we may yet see. My point is, the FBI acted inappropriately and was used as a tool to go after an American citizen to help another win an election. That is a very serious issue whether it kills the investigation or not. Between the IRS and FBI it's pretty clear the previous administration politicized and weaponized two major institutions, illegally and that should shock anyone regardless of your politics. But it doesn't even phase some people.

Oh and so far we've seen no evidence of collusion b/w the Trump campaign and Russi. We have seen credible allegation of FBI misconduct in seeking a warrant against Page.

Last edited:
I would also note the market sell off started shortly after the memo was released, I don’t believe that is a coincidence ..buckle up

Thing is, with Watergate, Nixon was around to be potentially removed by Congress.

Obama is long gone.

So who's going to do what now?

Intel committee D’s voted 100% against releasing Nunes memo, screaming national security, methods and sources, blah, blah, blah. 90% of the media was in this camp too, by the way, and none of it was true.

Intel committee R’s voted 100% to release Nadler counterpoint memo. That should tell you something.

All this will probably result in the warrant application being declassified and then the truth, whatever it is, will be known. What happens after that? Who knows. But it will be something, not nothing.

Edit: And it ain't going to happen by Wednesday.

Last edited:

Steele isn't anymore b/c why?

When he wasn't digging into Trump's past?

There is no factual proof that he was being paid by anyone in the Obama administration, or the Clinton campaign.

And taking the word of a biased Representative who has suddenly decided to leave federal office, including Nunes, who just publicly claimed that Trump had never met Papadopoulos, this despite an image of him sitting @ a table with Trump during the campaign ....is what is absurd.

Last edited:
Steele isn't anymore b/c why?

When he wasn't digging into Trump's past?

There is no factual proof that he was being paid by anyone in the Obama administration, or the Clinton campaign.

And taking the word of a biased Representative who has suddenly decided to leave federal office, including Nunes, who just publicly claimed that Trump had never met Papadopoulos, this despite an image of him sitting @ a table with Trump during the campaign ....is what is absurd.

I'm not sure he ever really was but he's definitely not now because he's proven to be a partisan hack who makes things up then leaks his own made up garbage to the press so they can write corroborating reports about the made up garbage. That tends to hurt one's credibility.

More to play out on this one but what is now evident is that:

1. After conspiring with Wasserman-Schultz and the DNC to fuck Bernie...

2. The Obama/Clinton machine went to work on private American citizens and then candidate Trump...

3. To engineer the election outcome...

4. And then, having miraculously failed, to subvert the authority of President-Elect Trump and then President Trump.

All of this would have been buried had Hillary won and few thought she could lose.

Whether there will be consequences remains to be seen. Much of the American public remains blinded by political partisanship and the mainstream media is in it up to their necks.

Last edited:
Dirty cop, Andrew McCabe, fired. Bad guy will lose his $1.8M government pension.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/03/sessions-sacks-andrew-mccabe.php

Leftist media putting it on Trump, claiming the firing is political. No, what McCabe did was political. He?s a dirty cop and it?s the FBI equivalent of internal affairs that made the recommendation to fire one of their own. Criminal charges likely.

Dirty cop Peter Strzok needs to be the next to go.

So when you classify news outlets what do you rightys say about Fox news? You know the news network of the Gop? Or the over 5 gillion to 1 radio stations that spew nothing but fear and conservative hate all day every day ?

Trump needs to be impeached. The biggest fraud ever perpetrated on America is sitting in the oval office. The Gop lead by the most corrupt news network ever (Fox news incase your already brainwashed by the Far Right Media) has systematically divided and destroyed this once great country.
The Gop is the most corrupt, and anti human being party we have ever witnessed on this planet. Frauds every last one of them!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dirty cop, Andrew McCabe, fired. Bad guy will lose his $1.8M government pension.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/03/sessions-sacks-andrew-mccabe.php

Leftist media putting it on Trump, claiming the firing is political. No, what McCabe did was political. He?s a dirty cop and it?s the FBI equivalent of internal affairs that made the recommendation to fire one of their own. Criminal charges likely.

Dirty cop Peter Strzok needs to be the next to go.

Powerline lol..
Right Wing blog that does nothing but attack liberals. They blast news outlets but where is the blasting of Fox? Hey at least they got blog of the year in 2004!!

So when you classify news outlets what do you rightys say about Fox news? You know the news network of the Gop? Or the over 5 gillion to 1 radio stations that spew nothing but fear and conservative hate all day every day ?

Trump needs to be impeached. The biggest fraud ever perpetrated on America is sitting in the oval office. The Gop lead by the most corrupt news network ever (Fox news incase your already brainwashed by the Far Right Media) has systematically divided and destroyed this once great country.
The Gop is the most corrupt, and anti human being party we have ever witnessed on this planet. Frauds every last one of them!!!!!!

Is it even close?

I agree the divisions in the country are deep, growing deeper and are probably lasting. It's unlikely to get prettier. It's highly likely things will get uglier. That's my thought for the day.

I agree the divisions in the country are deep, growing deeper and are probably lasting. It's unlikely to get prettier. It's highly likely things will get uglier. That's my thought for the day.

Sadly with so many close minded people it is not going to get better until we all decide to take better care of this planet and the people on this planet.

Back