Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

U.S. grand jury indicts 13 Russian nationals in election meddling probe

sggatecl

Detroit City FC
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-indictment/u-s-grand-jury-indicts-13-russian-nationals-in-election-meddling-probe-idUSKCN1G022U

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Russian Internet agency and more than a dozen Russians interfered in the U.S. election campaign from 2014 through 2016 in a multi-pronged effort with the aim of supporting then-businessman Donald Trump and disparaging his rival Hillary Clinton, the U.S. Special Counsel said in an indictment on Friday.

The 37-page indictment filed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller described a conspiracy to disrupt the U.S. election by people who adopted false online personas to push divisive messages; traveled to the United States to collect intelligence; and staged political rallies while posing as Americans.

Russia’s Internet Research Agency “had a strategic goal to sow discord in the U.S. political system, including the 2016 U.S. presidential election,” the indictment states.

Kremlin 'not yet familiar' with U.S. indictments for election meddling
“Defendants posted derogatory information about a number of candidates, and by early to mid-2016, Defendants’ operations included supporting the presidential campaign of then-candidate Donald J. Trump ... and disparaging Hillary Clinton.”

The indictment broadly echoes the conclusions of a January 2017 U.S. intelligence community assessment, which found that Russia had meddled in the election, and that its goals eventually included aiding Trump.

If you're interested in the actual indictment, it's here (large .pdf file):

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477

Last edited:
You Fellers don't suppose that this here very Detroit Sports Forum politics board was ever targeted for any of them social media shenanigans, do you?

You Fellers don't suppose that this here very Detroit Sports Forum politics board was ever targeted for any of them social media shenanigans, do you?

I haven't figured you out yet. I'm sure you're colluding, but I'm not sure with whom.

I'm sure of it. And if my American propaganda has taught me anything (and it has) they look like this:
Boris_natasha_fearless.jpg

9k=

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't call those former Soviet/Russian bastards "commies" anymore.

Now we call those Russian bastards "oligarchs."

Fucking Russian oligarch bastards.

We don't call those former Soviet/Russian bastards "commies" anymore.

Now we call those Russian bastards "oligarchs."

Fucking Russian oligarch bastards.

What do you call the ones that don't have tons of money/power or the foreign supporters? Like the lackeys? Or MC?

Last edited:
What do you call the ones that don't have tons of money/power or the foreign supporters? Like the lackeys? Or MC?

Russian bastards. Not oligarchs.

Just the Russian bastard lackeys under communism weren't really commies. Just Russian bastard lackeys.

Back