Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Northwestern

Biggest comeback in Big Ten history.

Now we own the biggest basketball and biggest football comeback in Big Ten history, both against Northwestern. The Football comeback is the biggest in NCAA history.

Auburn is losing by 21 at the half at South Carolina. Similar circumstance. We'll see what they do in the second half.

The crazy thing as I was following the score was I looked with 13+ minutes left and it was 53-35, then I looked with about 8 and a half left and it was 53-53.

Now unfortunately we have to be UM fans and if they can beat OSU at home, an outright championship and #1 seed in the BTT is within reach.

Last edited:
Biggest comeback in Big Ten history.

Now we own the biggest basketball and biggest football comeback in Big Ten history, both against Northwestern. The Football comeback is the biggest in NCAA history.

I remember turning off my tv in disgust after they went up 35. My buddy texted me like an hour later saying ?holy crap are you watching this comeback.? The second I turned the TV back on we picked off a pass with like 3 minutes left and the game tied.

I still expect to win this game. NW will get worn down, they're already in or really close to being in foul trouble, we should beat them by winning the battle of attrition, grinding it out in the second half. however, even if that happens that certainly doesn't mean this team and izzo don't have serious problems to work out.

so what do you think? should I quit my day job and become an oddsmaker? trying not to break my arm patting myself on the back here but I nailed this one.

this isn't redemption for izzo though. no excuse for some of those lineups - even in second half at times

Auburn is losing by 21 at the half at South Carolina. Similar circumstance. We'll see what they do in the second half.

The crazy thing as I was following the score was I looked with 13+ minutes left and it was 53-35, then I looked with about 8 and a half left and it was 53-53.

Now unfortunately we have to be UM fans and if they can beat OSU at home, an outright championship and #1 seed in the BTT is within reach.

Speak for yourself. Nobody will remember 20 years from now if that was outright or not. Even though they hold tiebreaker I think we’d still get a banner, which if that’s the case, I’m rooting for OSU again. I do want a rematch with Michigan in the BTT since they will likely be the 5 seed, so if they beat OSU I wouldnt be too upset.

Last edited:

Will root for OSU to lose, but their schedule is absolutely brutal to end the season, kind of like ours was a couple weeks ago. They play 4 games in less than 8 days. They play Sunday, Tuesday and Friday this week. Even if they win @ UM, they are going to be dead tired by Friday when they close the season out @ Indiana.

Of course, we have to close the season out at Wisconsin.

Speak for yourself. Nobody will remember 20 years from now if that was outright or not. Even though they hold tiebreaker I think we?d still get a banner, which if that?s the case, I?m rooting for OSU again. I do want a rematch with Michigan in the BTT since they will likely be the 5 seed, so if they beat OSU I wouldnt be too upset.

An outright title gets us the 1 seed and possibly Nebraska as a semi-final opponent rather than OSU or Purdue. Then again draw OSU or Purdue and beating them would help the resume a lot more as far as maybe getting a 1 seed in the NCAAs.

And Auburn makes a bit of a second half run (after trailing 40-14 in the first) but still loses by double digits to South Carolina. And fraudulent Xavier gets spanked, again, this time at home, by Villanova.

But I suppose we're still a 3 seed.

And Auburn makes a bit of a second half run (after trailing 40-14 in the first) but still loses by double digits to South Carolina. And fraudulent Xavier gets spanked, again, this time at home, by Villanova.

But I suppose we're still a 3 seed.

Speaking of losses today, can someone here explain to me why Oklahoma is even a tournament team right now? If they didn?t have a guy scoring 25 a game would anyone consider them in? Theyre now 2 games below .500 in a conference with 11 teams, I believe they are 2-8 in their last 10. Sorry but if I?m on the committee as it stands today they are out.

Speaking of losses today, can someone here explain to me why Oklahoma is even a tournament team right now? If they didn?t have a guy scoring 25 a game would anyone consider them in? Theyre now 2 games below .500 in a conference with 11 teams, I believe they are 2-8 in their last 10. Sorry but if I?m on the committee as it stands today they are out.

The committee had them a 4 seed last week. They?re not good and should be on the bubble.

It's all about the quadrants, or some shit like that. Even in a strong league, which the Big 12 is this year, if you're 2 games below .500 in conference you should be on the bubble unless you did some major work OOC. And they won at Wichita State (good), beat USC by 2 on a neutral floor (meh) and lost by 9 to Arkansas on a neutral floor. NOthing eye-popping about that.

Right now they're still in, but I think they've peaked and teams are figuring out how to makes thing harder for Trae Young and they have nothing beyond him. So I could see them continue to slide right out.

Another team that was overseeded last week was Cincinnati. All the things they're holding against MSU, lack of quality wins, they could say doubly about Cincinnati. They lost last week to Houston (who is probably going to make the tournament) and still have 2 left against Wichita State.

And back to the Big 12, I think it really shows the flaws in relying on the RPI as a tool. It's a deep league with no truly lousy teams, but in looking at what they all did out of conference, I'm not sure any of them are all that good either. But again it's the whole high tide raises all ships effect. They'll all grab a bunch of top 50 wins due to having a lot of teams that don't suck, which will inflate the seed of most or all of the teams as they continue to beat each other, and then more than likely a lot of them will flame out early in the NCAAs.

Last edited:
Big Ten Title is in our own hands now. Win vs Illinois and we are guaranteed a share. Win at wisky and it’s all ours.

How badly did you want to leave at halftime? At what point in the second half did you first think, "Wait, we might actually pull this off?"

I was running late and got there at the start of the second half. Walking into the arena I was thinking to call off even going! Glad I didnt.

You mean that Michigan finally beat OSU in something?

I saw an interesting graphic yesterday - uofm and OSU are virtually tied 10-10 and 20-20 in basketball and football, respectively when both teams are ranked at the time they play the games. I don't know if that was before or after yesterday. I doubt that soothes the wounds of wolverine fans who have had to suffer through years of being dominated by the Buckeyes but it should offer some hope - all they need to do is get ranked or hope that OSU also falls apart and gets worse than them.

I saw an interesting graphic yesterday - uofm and OSU are virtually tied 10-10 and 20-20 in basketball and football, respectively when both teams are ranked at the time they play the games. I don't know if that was before or after yesterday. I doubt that soothes the wounds of wolverine fans who have had to suffer through years of being dominated by the Buckeyes but it should offer some hope - all they need to do is get ranked or hope that OSU also falls apart and gets worse than them.

I saw a metric recently showing that UM almost never beats MSU at football when MSU finishes a season with 9 or more wins. They beat bad MSU teams, but when we are good they almost never beat us.

The committee had them a 4 seed last week. They’re not good and should be on the bubble.

Nice 30 point loss at Kansas last night. I bet lunardi moved them up to a 2 seed after that performance, a good quadrant 1 loss can never be a bad thing

Last edited:
Back