Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Last Wednesday, the Wolverines got a good win at PSU.

Tomorrow, Michigan plays their last regular season game of the year

@Maryland on ESPN at Noon EST

Maryland is favored by 1

Go blue!

This was supposed to be a down year...

"Michigan’s final three games were effectively toss-ups, and they won all three decisively: taking care of Ohio State at home, holding on against Penn State in Happy Valley, and then obliterating Maryland in College Park. The latest win moves Michigan up to 24-7 (13-5 Big Ten) and 15th nationally in Kenpom, and depending on tomorrow’s Nebraska - Penn State game, they might get a double bye in next week’s Big Ten Tournament. For context, last season’s Big Ten Tournament champion and Sweet 16 team finished the regular season at 20-11 (10-8 Big Ten) and 27th nationally in Kenpom."---from MGoBlog

Oops!! Beat expectations. JB won't say it, but they've definitely done better this season than they were expected. Yes, 4th of 5th in conference, but their record and national ranking speak for themselves.

Nebrasketball is up 34-17 at half. Looks like 5th for us. Should play on Thursday at 2:30 EST if Nebrasketball doesn't blow it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sagarin has us 13th in his ranking, and we're 13th in the coaches and 15th in the AP.

schools ranked lower than us currently seeded higher in ESPN's bracketology (Lunardi has us as a 6): Rhode Island (5), Ohio State (4), Kentucky (5), Tennessee (3), Auburn (3), Clemson (5).

I guess the question is, is the SEC actually that good this year?

Sagarin doesn't have a single SEC team in his top 10. Kentucky is 15, Auburn is 20.

it's pretty much the same story in CBS' bracketology, although we're in an easier bracket there (Xavier and Auburn are the 1&2). I'd be fine with that... just gotta get by the Bonnies and WVU.

Sagarin has us 13th in his ranking, and we're 13th in the coaches and 15th in the AP.

schools ranked lower than us currently seeded higher in ESPN's bracketology (Lunardi has us as a 6): Rhode Island (5), Ohio State (4), Kentucky (5), Tennessee (3), Auburn (3), Clemson (5).

I guess the question is, is the SEC actually that good this year?

Sagarin doesn't have a single SEC team in his top 10. Kentucky is 15, Auburn is 20.

it's pretty much the same story in CBS' bracketology, although we're in an easier bracket there (Xavier and Auburn are the 1&2). I'd be fine with that... just gotta get by the Bonnies and WVU.

Auburn is overrated. All five of their losses are pretty bad.

Lost by 14 to Temple (16-12)
Lost by 5 to Bama (17-12)
Lost 81-80 to A&M (18-11)
Lost 84-75 to S. Carolina (15-14)
Lost 72-66 to Florida (18-11)

Every loss they have this year is to a team with 11 or more losses. I'm not sure how that equates to a 3-seed.

Rhode Island is down 31 to a bad St. Joe's team. This loss should knock them off the 5 line. St. Joe's is 13-15 this year.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I am still trying to figure out how Oklahome is a solid in when they are 3-10 in their last 13 games and a losing record in the B12

I am still trying to figure out how Oklahome is a solid in when they are 3-10 in their last 13 games and a losing record in the B12

No chance they still get in without winning the conference tourney obviously. These bracketologists have been really clueless this year.

All hail JB!

HUEwEKDuDR3XTncWl7Dc8WPhz7bFbkXgghOwer02DMZmnQQjXD9OffymngiwRmCo0lP9XZXNVvigsNWfcI44lC_4n6tTMFZBM7-5ZzvUyM3gthTaomsQc4NjXD53TKdPRW41fdu2nsixKDVQD50AZ2tFN62QI31v9Wyj2qqjQVrZf6NPufVhQhamQSYWd4Dg4Jj8vxUTiNkNrROmLcYxv8AMpxLBt-r3Ggn-lx_Rw0PGKzIAUiDI2JqzI9AGKyuI4d-uadmzPe6sl3qYksZ4eG6pFchpFVzSoadS1rtCSW20ZlHnB4rw3boXXEiTHS4uKt2pC_g9QFYw1OSn962syM8H8_SsY0MAvfwM79aNwjCgGK1QcKlKzXPf-QjTRMvDoQfmqN0QHz2AEdUULrcdBNk3MZ8ATpGo-eJyHCD9h9dnN38O7L24gZMrcG58FnL_0B3YDsCy6nZZkfSWXiVzo-TF579B0_H0DFqfemKz2tYRqwDKrv_Ieg1hwL7ZIIhhIIo01CjQ5cKtx5kpLhvZ6maCtiCYZiOf23GK-OQ0xmcME9_EcVmW-fMJmQNL0Xl5LZ9KbRYnvkPgqm9A5VWfT-dlAZTLRjwyrL52CZM-=w193-h169-no

Last edited:
Back