Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Prince dies at 57

WHOA, yeah, WTF??
RIP Purple Man

here's some pancakes, bitches.

Is it wrong that my biggest memory of Prince is that Chappelle skit? I never got too much into his music, but that thing cracks me up every time. Guess it is nothing but respect to how important he is that the show did a skit on him.

Is it wrong that my biggest memory of Prince is that Chappelle skit? I never got too much into his music, but that thing cracks me up every time. Guess it is nothing but respect to how important he is that the show did a skit on him.

His music was kinda ubiquitous during my early childhood in the early 80's. I remember "Little Red Corvette" getting a lot of playtime. I never really bought his albums though or considered myself a fan, even though I thought his music was good. a lot of it sounds pretty dated now. he kinda defies normal musical tastes.

i remember in the early 90's he came out with a lot more sexually explicit stuff. "Get Off" and Prince's music in general was banned in our house around that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard on the radio today guys talking about how great a guitarist Prince was, Clapton even said he was the greatest ever. then they talked about this video, and I was floored when I watched it, holy shit that guys could fukin' shred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

See for yourself, Prince comes in about halfway through.

RIP

Heard on the radio today guys talking about how great a guitarist Prince was, Clapton even said he was the greatest ever. then they talked about this video, and I was floored when I watched it, holy shit that guys could fukin' shred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

See for yourself, Prince comes in about halfway through.

RIP

What a great performance. I didn't know how great of a guitarist he was.

His SB halftime performance was pretty cool too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NN3gsSf-Ys

was reading that he also wrote a lot of hits for other people from the 80's to the 90's.

didn't realize how huge he was.

I also got the impression he was a bitchy, pampered rock star but a lot of stories I'm reading attest to what a decent human being he was. he even put Dave Chappelle (playing prince) on the cover of his album after that Chappelle's Show skit. What an awesome guy!

was reading that he also wrote a lot of hits for other people from the 80's to the 90's.

didn't realize how huge he was.

I also got the impression he was a bitchy, pampered rock star but a lot of stories I'm reading attest to what a decent human being he was. he even put Dave Chappelle (playing prince) on the cover of his album after that Chappelle's Show skit. What an awesome guy!

Chappelle Show...that was great. The best one was the skit where he was a blind guy in the KKK and he divorced his wife because she was a nigger lover.

I first saw him on American Bandstand when he was 19. Dick Clark interviewed him and he did not say a word. Only nodded and gestured. It was not arrogance; the kid was shy and nervous.

I first saw him on American Bandstand when he was 19. Dick Clark interviewed him and he did not say a word. Only nodded and gestured. It was not arrogance; the kid was shy and nervous.

What kind of gestures?

Besides nodding, which is itself a gesture.

Did he mine?

Would have gestures have been considered profanity?

EDIT: They just showed a clip of that performance on American Bandstand on CNN.

They didn't show the interview with Dick Clark but Christine Roman commented on it, saying "Prince didn't give up much."

Were you the videographer?

Last edited:
What kind of gestures?

Besides nodding, which is itself a gesture.

Did he mine?

Would have gestures have been considered profanity?

EDIT: They just showed a clip of that performance on American Bandstand on CNN.

They didn't show the interview with Dick Clark but Christine Roman commented on it, saying "Prince didn't give up much."

Were you the videographer?

Head nods for yes and no. Held up four fingers when asked how many years he had been producing records.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/this-performance-by-a-21-year-old-prince-proves-he-was-1683260364

Video is here ... and my recollection was very foggy. He did talk, but only answered questions with short answers. Scroll and go to 3:48.

Last edited:
Back