Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Open Championship

byco42

By far my favorite of the four majors. On the bucket list to attend on someday. Royal Birkdale is the venue this year.

I hope it's windy and a bit rainy. Open's are better that way.. Tough scoring. No 64's..

This is where Phil will miss Bones Mackay.

If Phil was not interested in his input anymore or was not trusting it, then ... yeah ... he's going to miss him. Must have been a substantial rift to end a 25-year working relationship.

If Phil was not interested in his input anymore or was not trusting it, then ... yeah ... he's going to miss him. Must have been a substantial rift to end a 25-year working relationship.

I doubt there was a rift at all. Bones isn't even caddying anymore and i heard Phil might play less than he had been. Just all rumors. No team lasts forever..

I doubt there was a rift at all. Bones isn't even caddying anymore and i heard Phil might play less than he had been. Just all rumors. No team lasts forever..

Welllll ... there was that disagreement on the 17th at the Players'.

By far my favorite of the four majors. On the bucket list to attend on someday. Royal Birkdale is the venue this year.

Dude, maybe when we are old, old man, as a bucket trip we'll go together. Maybe we'll take MitchRapp with us.

The most recent year that Tiger Woods won this event-I think it was 2008-I took my mom back to France and England where she had served in the employ of the United States Army Civil Service during World War II. It was just a few years after my dear dad, who met my mom when he was also serving in the Armed Forces, had passed.

The Sunday of the final round, which was at Royal Liverpool, we all went to Heathrow to pick up the woman who is now my wife, having come back from Paris the day before. The final round-it was ending and we listened to it on the radio as we were driving from London to Scotland.

Dude, maybe when we are old, old man, as a bucket trip we'll go together. Maybe we'll take MitchRapp with us.

The most recent year that Tiger Woods won this event-I think it was 2008-I took my mom back to France and England where she had served in the employ of the United States Army Civil Service during World War II. It was just a few years after my dear dad, who met my mom when he was also serving in the Armed Forces, had passed.

The Sunday of the final round, which was at Royal Liverpool, we all went to Heathrow to pick up the woman who is now my wife, having come back from Paris the day before. The final round-it was ending and we listened to it on the radio as we were driving from London to Scotland.

I'm not a big fan of Europe.. Except maybe this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq6LkX1HRaY

BTW, it's been long enough you can call me just Mitch..

Grace shot a 62, congrats but damn. Not the Open I was hoping for, 11 under leads and a freaking 62.

So Speith wins his third different major championship. Only Jack Nicholas did that at a younger age.

I love spieth but was pulling for Kuch actually, class act, consistent as hell, who knows how many more chances he will get at a major. Just unreal putting to clinch it after a few 3 putts on the front 9 alone.

Spieth is the youngest American to win The Open Championship.

I love spieth but was pulling for Kuch actually, class act, consistent as hell, who knows how many more chances he will get at a major. Just unreal putting to clinch it after a few 3 putts on the front 9 alone.

I'm a big Kuch fan and class act covers it nicely. On the other hand, and I root for just about everyone - not a big fan of Spieth.

The drama and resolution on 13 will last for a long time. That was entertaining to witness.

I'm a big Kuch fan and class act covers it nicely. On the other hand, and I root for just about everyone - not a big fan of Spieth.

Just curious, why don't you like spieth? I will say his slow play at times is painstaking to watch, and down the road causes slow play on every muni course in the country.

Just curious, why don't you like spieth? I will say his slow play at times is painstaking to watch, and down the road causes slow play on every muni course in the country.

He's like the opposite of Kuch in a way. When he won the Masters I remember the following week or when ever he played next he seemed pissed off.. I suppose he hit a bad shot and he tossed a club. I'm thinking to myself dude you just won the Masters why isn't he Perma happy.. And why throw a club. It's just better to root for guys like Kuch, and Phil. Well that's my story.. :tup:

He's like the opposite of Kuch in a way. When he won the Masters I remember the following week or when ever he played next he seemed pissed off.. I suppose he hit a bad shot and he tossed a club. I'm thinking to myself dude you just won the Masters why isn't he Perma happy.. And why throw a club. It's just better to root for guys like Kuch, and Phil. Well that's my story.. :tup:

Tiger Woods was like that when he was good and Jack Nicholas was like that.

The last tournament is history.

What does winning the last one have to do with winning the one you're playing now?

Back