Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Florida Gator starters in BIG trouble!

As tempered with their expectations as MICHIGAN fans have gotten over the past 10yrs, what with Rich Rod and all, the UF fans I know are panicking, calling it a sure loss and pissed at the team/players. osu fan is sort of chortling because now if MICHIGAN wins, it's against a "less than Florida team" but should UF win, it's a sign of how bad we are.

It's a lose/lose ...

I just looked at the line and it's only UM -5.5. I don't get it.

As tempered with their expectations as MICHIGAN fans have gotten over the past 10yrs, what with Rich Rod and all, the UF fans I know are panicking, calling it a sure loss and pissed at the team/players. osu fan is sort of chortling because now if MICHIGAN wins, it's against a "less than Florida team" but should UF win, it's a sign of how bad we are.

It's a lose/lose ...

I thought the same thing earlier today. Oh well, I'll still be happy if UM gets the win, obviously. Fuck the haters.

Last edited:
this is really turning into a shit show for Florida. I can't believe the freshman won the QB job. That can't be a good sign. But now I'm nervous because if we lose to them makes us look worse given they're starting a freshman QB without their top WR and RB.

I'm hoping we can start quick and never look back. If we get a lead, I don't think they'll be able to come back.

Last edited:
No question we really have to win this. Florida has several excuses now if they lose and we dont and people will look at how we ended last year and this game and tear us apart

No question we really have to win this. Florida has several excuses now if they lose and we dont and people will look at how we ended last year and this game and tear us apart

Yep and Jim h has lot to prove this year

No matter what, Florida will put good players on the field. JH knows this and is telling the players and keeping their heads on straight. The Michigan players are no doubt pumped even with these goobers not being in attendance.

Agreed. Florida is Florida, ranked #17 and with solid recruiting, as usual.

That said ...loss at RB & WR to suspension combined with a 'rookie' at QB would have Michigan fans in a panic were the situations reversed. I would dial up the intensity on Defense if I'm Don Brown and would absolutely blitz the shit out of them. I expect Rashan Gary to make a huge impact on the game, along with the rest of the front seven. Even if UF gets a big play or two, I think the M defense will be very disruptive and with some solid pressure, get a turnover or two ..perhaps a strip sack sort of thing with the young QB, and put the M offense into good situations, with short fields. I also like Speight and think he will be solid and a pleasant surprise this season. He's a proven starter/steady Eddy and that will be a good thing Saturday.

And the line at -5 is the aggregate this morning ..from -3 and the O/U now down to 43, from 45.

Vegas is paying attention.

Back