Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Maywether v McGregor

Maywether vs McGregor

• Did you bet this fight?

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Are you going to watch this fight?

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I missed the first 3 rounds then my son found a stream .and Connor looked gassed at the end. Glad hung in there and glad I didn't have to pay 90 bucks.

Meaning I don't believe he could beat any pro boxers, now. Maybe with training sure. If a lesser fighter fought him who was more aggressive I don't believe he last as long. I think he looks the part more than actually doing the part.. Just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm wrong.

You're wrong. He would beat lots of pro boxers.

You're right. Most junior middleweight championship contenders would stop him and probably sooner than Mayweather.

His first combat sport was boxing which he did from 12 to 16.

If he actually wanted to compete for a boxing title he would probably come in taking on the competition, of I would, say an Olympic gold-medal champion would after having turned pro.

Just like Olympic gold-medal champions, he would probably get some wins over journeyman pro boxers, move up in quality of opponent, and eventually become a contender.

With additional boxing experience he very likely could become a world champion.

If that's what he wants.

You're wrong. He would beat lots of pro boxers.

You're right. Most junior middleweight championship contenders would stop him and probably sooner than Mayweather.

His first combat sport was boxing which he did from 12 to 16.

If he actually wanted to compete for a boxing title he would probably come in taking on the competition, of I would, say an Olympic gold-medal champion would after having turned pro.

Just like Olympic gold-medal champions, he would probably get some wins over journeyman pro boxers, move up in quality of opponent, and eventually become a contender.

With additional boxing experience he very likely could become a world champion.

If that's what he wants.

Yes, if he wants to do and does it. But it's not the same as an Olympian. Imo. Just because he's 29.. Even with the former boxing experience as a teenager. So I disagree, I don't think he could be a contender. World Champion, I disagree whole heartily. You're over-shooting on this guy..

Yes, if he wants to do and does it. But it's not the same as an Olympian. Imo. Just because he's 29.. Even with the former boxing experience as a teenager. So I disagree, I don't think he could be a contender. World Champion, I disagree whole heartily. You're over-shooting on this guy..

I didn't even know who he was, and I couldn't care less about what he wants to do next.

We don't even know if he wants another professional bout as a boxer.

This was the topic of the day yesterday; today we're back on how crazy Trump is.

That said I know Mayweather's history, I saw some of this guy's footage, and I predicted a ninth round referee stoppage right here on this thread.

So it was a 10th round referee stoppage.

I didn't see any so-called expert anywhere close as I was.

I didn't even know who he was, and I couldn't care less about what he wants to do next.

We don't even know if he wants another professional bout as a boxer.

This was the topic of the day yesterday; today we're back on how crazy Trump is.

That said I know Mayweather's history, I saw some of this guy's footage, and I predicted a ninth round referee stoppage right here on this thread.

So it was a 10th round referee stoppage.

I didn't see any so-called expert anywhere close as I was.

Not sure how your prediction suddenly makes him a world title holder if he wanted to .. He's 29, and little boxing experience. Those don't add up to world title holder and contender.. I'm sure many great athletes aspired to greatness in the ring that never made it.

Not sure how your prediction suddenly makes him a world title holder if he wanted to .. He's 29, and little boxing experience. Those don't add up to world title holder and contender.. I'm sure many great athletes aspired to greatness in the ring that never made it.

Wow, that's some pretty logical reasoning on your part.

I predicted the outcome of this fight-which he lost as I predicted-and you jump from that to my prediction-again of him taking a loss-making him a world title holder.

OK, whatev'es.

Wow, that's some pretty logical reasoning on your part.

I predicted the outcome of this fight-which he lost as I predicted-and you jump from that to my prediction-again of him taking a loss-making him a world title holder.

OK, whatev'es.

Because you mentioned it. You said if he wanted to and got into boxing full time he could be contender and one day world champion. I refuted that. You then bring up your prediction and the experts prediction which I didn't understand what that had to with him being a world champion or not.

Are you even following the conversation?

Not really much of an argument to be made for this.

Ali, Robinson, Louis, and many others were much better fighters, went toe to toe with their opponents, and didn't run around on defense for the majority of the fights.

Not that anyone cares what ESPN thinks, but they only rank him 48th all time...

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/greatest/featureVideo?page=greatest4150

Personally, I'd rank Tyson higher than him

I'm not sure a ranking from 2007 when Mayweather was 38-0 is still an accurate view of him.

Even ESPN says:
This list is not an all-time, mythical pound-for-pound ranking. It is not trying to establish who would beat whom if everyone were all the same weight

Because you mentioned it. You said if he wanted to and got into boxing full time he could be contender and one day world champion. I refuted that. You then bring up your prediction and the experts prediction which I didn't understand what that had to with him being a world champion or not.

Are you even following the conversation?

Like I said in the post number 44, we don't even know if he wants a single more bout as a boxer.

If I were to guess McGregor's next fight, it would be Diaz pt 3 (where the money is at) or Tony Furgeson (the likely interim title holder very soon). Both MMA.

He might do boxing again eventually, maybe knock the shit out of that Paulie guy he sparred with. But I think he's back to MMA for now.

If I were to guess McGregor's next fight, it would be Diaz pt 3 (where the money is at) or Tony Furgeson (the likely interim title holder very soon). Both MMA.

He might do boxing again eventually, maybe knock the shit out of that Paulie guy he sparred with. But I think he's back to MMA for now.

I think he can make more money in boxing. It's estimated that he may earn $200M from this fight. The MMA just doesn't pay their fighters.

I think he can make more money in boxing. It's estimated that he may earn $200M from this fight. The MMA just doesn't pay their fighters.

While I certainly agree that MMA doesn't pay it's fighters, I don't see Mac making that kind of money in boxing without Mayweather. He's also under contract with UFC, who allowed and profited on May/Mac. I think they'd be less than enthused about promoting a second boxing match while he ties up their divisions.

But Conor does his own thing. Everybody said the Mayweather fight would never happen. Who knows? He could join WWE and I wouldn't be surprised.

Was under the impression mayweather fight occurred cause he was millions short to the IRS.

You know broke guy looking for a quick payday.

Was under the impression mayweather fight occurred cause he was millions short to the IRS.

You know broke guy looking for a quick payday.

A popular rumor. However, he owed less than $30 million before the fight with Conor. There have been several leaks of Floyd's finances that prove he has the means to pay the IRS bill. Whether it's laziness or arrogance that he fell behind is anyone's guess.

Back