Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The official 2018 nfl draft thread

Guy reminds me a LOT of a healthy Nick Fairley. Somewhat undersized for the DT position (6?2?, 290 lbs), but extremely quick off the ball and can shoot gaps really well. Very disruptive. More of a pass rusher than a run the stopper but because he gets such good penetration can get himself into a run gap really quickly and disrupt the play in the backfield. I think he?d be a good pic at 20, and an absolute steal anywhere else after that. Would love to have him. Would be a very good compliment to A?shawn....who?s more of a run stopper.

I don't think the Lions will take him at 20 but I wouldn't be upset. He's good enough to play inside and outside on the DLine. Patricia drools for those players.
I'm still on the Landry or Guice train for me.....

I don't think the Lions will take him at 20 but I wouldn't be upset. He's good enough to play inside and outside on the DLine. Patricia drools for those players.
I'm still on the Landry or Guice train for me.....

Only reason i don't want guice in rd 1 is because you can just as easily get penny, chubb or Ronald Jones in rd 2. No saying which one of the group will be the best pro.

Only reason i don't want guice in rd 1 is because you can just as easily get penny, chubb or Ronald Jones in rd 2. No saying which one of the group will be the best pro.

I hear ya but IMO, Guice is the clear #2 RB in this class. I do like me some Ronald Jones tho...

One thing is for certain, this is a great year to be picking away from the top 10. I'm loving all of the QB love.

Cleveland keeps leaking that they like different qbs. If they honestly like 3 qbs then you should take Chubb with the first pick and get your qb at 4.

http://detroitlionsbreakdown.com/episode-58-2018-draft-eve/
Detroit Lions Breakdown Podcast Episode #58: 2018 Draft Eve. 54 minutes.

The draft is nigh. This week Erik and Joe take the final dip into the draft preview pool. Will Erik?s thoughts turn to genius starting Thursday night or will they crash and burn like what happens to all draft prognosticators on every draft night?
Punxsutawney Phil likely sees his shadow Thursday.

No Lions player news so far this week.

The final mock draft Erik and Joe break down is from Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst.

Erik runs down each position grouping and projects when the Lions would likely target drafting a player at each position.

The final pre-draft mailbag.

Who in the draft is rising/falling?
Harold Landry, Rashaan Evans, Marcus Davenport, Mo Hurst.

When to expect the Lions drafting IOL.
What possible trade scenarios might the Lions look into.

Erik?s final draft break down articles target the EDGE Rushers and Off-the-Ball LBs.

I'm on the need train. Give me edge Landry/Davenport or guard will Hernandez.

Back