Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Republicans only want Republicans to vote

we're making progress. maybe some day the leftist posters here will do a little research instead of blaming racism for the reason behind everything they don't like.

Remember when we argued for 20 pages about the difference between blaming racism for something and unintentional racial discrimination?

Last edited:
You're comparing motivation to do something that pays to something that doesn't pay.

nonsense. If you're eligible for entitlements, voting democrat definitely pays - better than some jobs.

and if it's about motivation and you don't have an ID and you're too lazy to get one, then you'll probably come up with some reasons not to vote anyway. How many people do you think are in that marginal category where they don't have an ID and are only ambitious enough to vote if they're not required to get one?

Last edited:
if you think voter ID laws are racist, you're probably racist. the soft bigotry of low expectations...

Faux Ruse cherry picking polling whites in Berkley CA and blacks in Harlem NY...lolz.

When the non-existent massive voter/voter registration fraud is really the "soft" racism.

And not where voter suppression is being practiced, mainly in red Southern states with a high rural/smaller city/town populations.

Looks exactly like they want it to, with all too simple digital editing.

Last edited:
Faux Ruse cherry picking polling whites in Berkley CA and blacks in Harlem NY...lolz.

When the non-existent massive voter fraud is really the "soft" racism.

And not where voter suppression is being practiced, mainly in red Southern states with a high rural/smaller city/town populations.

yeah, all those goddam uncle toms up in Harlem - they're too easy to cherry pick. They don't represent black America - just ask any woke white guy, like you.

nonsense. If you're eligible for entitlements, voting democrat definitely pays - better than some jobs.

and if it's about motivation and you don't have an ID and you're too lazy to get one, then you'll probably come up with some reasons not to vote anyway. How many people do you think are in that marginal category where they don't have an ID and are only ambitious enough to vote if they're not required to get one?

Holy shit your saying all anyone needs is a id and and they can vote ...Holy crap you may be on to something Hack!!!! Please by all means tell that to the GOP!!!

But alas once anyone takes the day off to get said id the faulty thinking GOP will ask you to get another form of id. Lol. Make it easier for everyone to vote is sadly not in the GOP playbook.

Last edited:
yeah, all those goddam uncle toms up in Harlem - they're too easy to cherry pick. They don't represent black America - just ask any woke white guy, like you.

I have lived in and worked with mixed race/ethnic areas & groups for most of my life, so there never has been any "waking" necessary on my part.

Last edited:
You're comparing motivation to do something that pays to something that doesn't pay.

Well, which is it?

Are people choosing not to do the relatively simple processes to get registered to vote and then actually vote because they feel it isn't worth it, or are people's voting rights being suppressed?

Doesn't make sense to me that it's both.

When the non-existent massive voter/voter registration fraud is really the "soft" racism.

Well, if they're already red states with red state demographics anyway, a few black people having their voting rights suppressed isn't really going to make much of a difference anyway.

I have lived in and worked with mixed race/ethnic areas & groups for most of my life, so there never has been any "waking" necessary on my part.

wow, you were practically born woke. have you been checking your privilege your whole life, too? you're like the Rosa Parks of DSF, it's a privilege to debate with you sir.

Well, if they're already red states with red state demographics anyway, a few black people having their voting rights suppressed isn't really going to make much of a difference anyway.

On a federal level, not so much, esp for Senate or POTUS, but on a state representative and local office level, voter suppression, gerrymandering and redistricting can be quite effective.

wow, you were practically born woke. have you been checking your privilege your whole life, too? you're like the Rosa Parks of DSF, it's a privilege to debate with you sir.

Privilege has had nothing to do with it, your veiled insults notwithstanding.

On a federal level, not so much, esp for Senate or POTUS, but on a state representative and local office level, voter suppression, gerrymandering and redistricting can be quite effective.

I think this is the part where I'm supposed to say the Democrats do it in blue states, too.

Gerrymandering and redistricting, not voter suppression; we encourage minorities and illegal aliens to vote as often as possible.

I think this is the part where I'm supposed to say the Democrats do it in blue states, too.

Gerrymandering and redistricting, not voter suppression; we encourage minorities and illegal aliens to vote as often as possible.

I would guess that any redistricting, gerrymandering, or voter suppression that Democrats could do, would not be to prevent minorities from voting, and encouraging illegals to vote, the latter while not proven, would have a negligible effect on the totals where they reside. Why would anyone here illegally in the US, add to their risk of being caught and deported by voting anyway?

Last edited:
Well, which is it?

Are people choosing not to do the relatively simple processes to get registered to vote and then actually vote because they feel it isn't worth it, or are people's voting rights being suppressed?

Doesn't make sense to me that it's both.

It doesn't make sense, unless you know the people making the rules know statistically what's going to happen. Same as gerrymandering. It doesn't matter how easy or simple the process is; if you know that process is only going to make a difference to 3% of the population and that impacted population is disproportionately a protected group, then it's suppression. It's easy to get into trouble when there is high correlation between the political party you are trying to suppress and protected classes of people.

edit: There's a lot of things you have to know there to show it's happening. I don't actually know to what degree it's actually been done anywhere and I'm not making that claim. I just think that it's too dry a topic to be a political distraction, so parties probably fight over it because it works.

Last edited:

Entitlements are being and have been used by more whites as a whole than minorities, including a prominent RW anti-entitlements luminary in SotH Paul Ryand. The percentages aren't even higher amongst Latinos:

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-18%20at%201.59.00%20PM.png

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...government-benefits-and-who-gets-them/266428/

Poor white conservatives in the South likely accounting for much of the 57% that is higher than moderates and liberals.

Last edited:
Entitlements are being and have been used by more whites as a whole than minorities, including a prominent RW anti-entitlements luminary in SotH Paul Ryand. The percentages aren't even higher amongst Latinos:

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-18%20at%201.59.00%20PM.png

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...government-benefits-and-who-gets-them/266428/

Poor white conservatives in the South likely accounting for much of the 57% that is higher than moderates and liberals.

gee, thanks for the post that makes no point and proves nothing. who said anything about race and entitlements?

veiled insults? that's blatant sarcasm. my insults are also obvious.

Sarcasm?

Backhanded compliments are veiled insults disguised as positive comments.

Must be painful to reach that far, and literally dislocate both of your arms.

Why would you compare me to a famously brave black female, instead of a white male civil rights supporter from the 60s?

Your sheet is showing.

Last edited:
gee, thanks for the post that makes no point and proves nothing. who said anything about race and entitlements?

This is is a text-based thread, nothing gets "said".

"If you're eligible for entitlements, voting democrat definitely pays"

That chart indicates that receiving entitlements "pay" regardless of ideology, race, or political party.

"maybe some day the leftist posters here will do a little research instead of blaming racism for the reason behind everything they don't like."

I did with a chart and link, then of course you just dismiss it out of hand.

Racism is hardly the only reason, for some examples being the 01% RW billionares, who control the purse strings for Republican office seekers/holders and manipulate the political discourse in their favor are another, the corporate-owned M$M, who are called "leftists" by those who are so far alt-right, to be off the ideological radar, yet another. Then in addition being K Street lobbyists using $$ and "gifts" to curry favor in DC.

Last edited:
Back