Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs. Northwestern, 1/29/18

Michigan 7-25 from three 25%

Wildcats 4-16 28.6%

Last edited:
Well, that was just a good ol' fashioned big 10 basketball game. 58-47.

Michigan might be in some trouble when they go to Northwestern. Some possible road bumps coming up, @NW, @UW, and @Maryland. We shall see. Not a comfortable win, but they got it done tonight.

Jb made some adjustments at the half .Overloaded the side and it created some open buckets .

Much better 2nd half. That first half was an abomination.

Glad to get the W! Go Blue!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Northwestern can be a tricky team. That first 10 minutes was ugly, though.

Northwestern can be a tricky team. That first 10 minutes was ugly, though.

The first 10 minutes was vomit inducing. The next 10 minutes of the 1st half were butt ugly. A slight improvement. 21-19 at half is really terrible basketball.

I'm just glad the terrible offense didn't negatively affect our defensive effort.

I saw someone above mentioned Duncan's brickfest this year. He's aiming his shot and thinking way too much. Especially when he's wide open. He just needs to shoot. I don't know if anything will change though because he's clearly in his own head.

Duncan is shooting 35.8% from three this year. Matthews shoots 35.3%. Brooks and Simmons are the only other players shooting worse than Duncan from three.

It's crazy that he's become one of our least reliable options from three.

While it was an ugly win it was still a win and they are better than I thought they would be this year. I honestly thought we may be lucky to make the NIT. They have things to work on no doubt but I love the fight this team has shown except for the @Neb game. And honestly I think that had more to do with the schedule.

Back