Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trumps Job Claims

He lies every time he speaks - why are you holding him to any standard of integrity or honesty? He's been lying his whole life

Teleprompter Trump made a typical speech that one would expect from a moderate republican president.

Twitter troll Trump just says crazy shit.

I would rather this president stay on Teleprompter mode for as long as he is in office.

The guy is a habitual liar and cannot be trusted at all.

Last edited:
The dems - "hey they're honoring the vets - let's sit on our ass, AND HANDS." You must be proud.

CNN Poll 70% liked what he had to say. CNN then rejects it's own Poll. LOL.

Many of those dems in the crowd last night seemed very ungrateful. it was sad. One even walked out after a USA chant. pathetic. Dems need fresh faces, Tim Ryan (D) OHIO was on Tucker before hand talking about the Dreamers and you know what, I thought he did one hellva job putting Tucker in his place and had some very good points. That is the kinda Dem you guys need!

the good news is my paycheck is a little larger thanks to the new tax bill :)

the bad news is some portion of that money went to your state and local government to fund cops, schools, fire, road maintenance, etc.

other taxes have to go up to make up for it, or we can just get used to worse services, and shittier infrastructure which has been the long term trend.

but hey, at least you can claim you "owned teh libs" because your nominal take home pay went up...

the bad news is some portion of that money went to your state and local government to fund cops, schools, fire, road maintenance, etc.

other taxes have to go up to make up for it, or we can just get used to worse services, and shittier infrastructure which has been the long term trend.

but hey, at least you can claim you "owned teh libs" because your nominal take home pay went up...

It's my understanding that cops, schools, fire, and road maintenance are mostly paid by local taxes, property taxes, and state taxes.

also, I'm trying to find the article, but it had a survey of American firms, and found that a whopping 80% plan no salary increases, hiring, or investment due to the tax cut. and of the remaining 20%, not all were doing so either: they just didn't say "no" in response to the survey.

this counters the strategically placed headlines about a handful of big multi-nationals trumpeting they would throw a few peanuts to their workers... the "liberal media" works closer with the Business Roundtable, Koch's, US Chamber of Commerce, & GOP than we're often told. Again and again...

It's my understanding that cops, schools, fire, and road maintenance are mostly paid by local taxes, property taxes, and state taxes.

great understanding! I am not saying they are not mostly funded by state and local taxes, and property taxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, I'm trying to find the article, but it had a survey of American firms, and found that a whopping 80% plan no salary increases, hiring, or investment due to the tax cut. and of the remaining 20%, not all were doing so either: they just didn't say "no" in response to the survey.

this counters the strategically placed headlines about a handful of big multi-nationals trumpeting they would throw a few peanuts to their workers... the "liberal media" works closer with the Business Roundtable, Koch's, US Chamber of Commerce, & GOP than we're often told. Again and again...

here's the article.

this part is buried at the end:
Around 40% of companies said they have already taken at least one ?action? as a result of the tax bill, from increasing hiring to spending money on automation.​

more jobs are good... assuming they are full time positions! not temps,
in the US or some 3rd world country hired through an offshoring agency.

and of course increased automation means less jobs. maybe this is a wash for the middle/working class?

the article also mentions some firms are using the windfall to pay severance packages and buyouts, i.e. cut jobs, but doesn't include any numbers with that statement.

Teleprompter Trump made a typical speech that one would expect from a moderate republican president.

Twitter troll Trump just says crazy shit.

I would rather this president stay on Teleprompter mode for as long as he is in office.

state-of-the-union-2018-cartoon-bagley.jpg

the good news is my paycheck is a little larger thanks to the new tax bill :)

My wife's check didn't go up, and neither did mine. But those millionaires and billionaires sure did take in a tidy ball. Make sure you include who really got the big money. Sad that a habitual liar on a scale never seen before can get away with what he is doing for future generations.

Goo on National debt.
Who cares thats 7 years down the road when we can blame democrats again . It's sad that the debt was covered under Bill Clinton but EVERY Christian Republican in the land wanted him impeached because of blow jobs , and yet 131,000 payoff from thge ll liar in charge doesn't even move the needle on you clown Hypocrites on the right.

Gop
Clean air and water
"Fuck you"

Gop
Corporations are peopke.
"Hey fuck off".

Gop
Let's spend more on the military then every other country in the world combined instead of educating the populace .

" Hey Gop fuck off ": !!!!

Lying piece of shit party can go to hell....

Jobs are created as a result of increased consumer and/or business demand for a product or service. Not as a result of lip-service given by Republican office-holders.

Tax-cuts are more likely invested in decreasing overhead through automation, robotics, and AI, and I have personally experienced job loss, missed out on advancement opportunities, or had hours worked/pay-cuts as a result of the above more than a few times over the past 40+ years.

My wife's check didn't go up, and neither did mine.

the new withholding tables didn't come out until Jan 11. Maybe you haven't been paid yet. The company you work for is supposed to be using the new tables. Now, if you are so worried about the debt and taxes being too low you are allowed to pay more.

Eric Trump complained on Wednesday on Faux and Fiends that Democrats in Congress did not applaud enough during President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address — and he said that Democrats had a duty to clap when Christianity was mentioned because Americans should be “united on God.”

Apparently the fact that Eric the fruit-bat's sister converted to her husband Jered's Judaism, and that one of his dear old daddy's inner circle advisors in Stephen Miller is Jewish was utterly lost on him.

Back