Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Softball started today!!

wheels002

#18 Michigan started their softball season today with a wins over UAB 7-0 and Georgia State 8-0. Freshman Megan Beaubien got a no hitter in her first ever college start!

I suppose that's an ok way to start your college career.

I read an article that said Beaubien in high school was 100-11 with an ERA of 0.29 and 1442 strikeouts. I dont care what level your talking that is incredible

Big test today for a young team. Michigan plays Florida and Beaubien is in the circle

Lost 2-0 to Florida. I followed the game on gamecast and Beaubien started out nervous but then settled down and did great. Tough loss but maybe Michigan has found they next pitching star.

Having trouble scoring runs. Losing 3-2 to South Florida in bottom of the 6th. They have bases loaded 2 outs. We have in only 3 hits.

Last edited:
Top of 7... still 3-2.two single and nothing. .. lost 3-2 .. now they are 2-2 with Illinois st on tap for Sunday. I can't remember a year when the softball team started a road trip under .500.
Good pitching just zero hitting last two games .

Last edited:
I knew it would be a rebuilding year. I expect the team will get better as the season goies but they will take their lumps. I have faith in Hutch

Sounds like the pitching is good. Seems like the bats are letting them down again. It drives me crazy when the pitching is on, but they can't get a run across the plate. I hate that! Hutch has got to get that straightened out quick otherwise the great pitching will be wasted.

The pitching was great again today in a 6-1 win verses Illinois st.. Season road trip starts with a 3-2 record and some close losses !!!

Back