Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We May Be Hiring McElwain/Shark Humper

I don't think they put his face on it. I think it's just an uncanny resemblance. Maybe they did, but they didn't have to. I believe the picture in the article is unmodified - they just look a lot alike.

The article doesn't say many flattering things about him - I guess CSU fans feel differently. But there's a big difference between having some success at a horrible program in a third tier conference like CSU and trying to turn Florida around with all the competition they have in-state and in the SEC.

For fucks sake, who cares? who fucking cares

I for one am getting tired of Harbaugh being all over the place with these coaches because guess what happens when Patterson can't play. Michigan will be stuck at the qb postion with players with hardly any experience yet again .it's year 4 Jimmy and your offensive line stinks and you have no qb .

Last edited:
barstool or some similar site had a write-up on McElwain that was pretty funny. They used that photo but acknowledged it wasn't him - I don't think it was photoshopped either. According to the piece, it was a retired NY cop that looks a lot like McElwain.

Edit: found it - it wasn't barstool:

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/10/29/16567394/this-isnt-jim-mcelwain

There's a picture or two of me on the interwebs like that, naked on top of a shark in the bow of a boat.

I'm way leaner though, and way better looking.

But who doesn't have a similar picture like that of themselves, floating around cyberspace?

Last edited:
From UM Big, who pretty much gets it right 100 percent:

Pep QB Coach
Drevno Asst HC and OL Coach
McElwain OC

I know those two goobers are sticking around, but they are getting demoted and I'm totally OK with that.

Saw this. This is a big wow. If we can give McElwain his game manager like he had at Bama, this could be a really good season.

Last edited:
I wonder how much they are going to pay McElwain to be Offensive Coordinator since both turds are making a million already?

From UM Big, who pretty much gets it right 100 percent:

Pep QB Coach
Drevno Asst HC and OL Coach
McElwain OC

I know those two goobers are sticking around, but they are getting demoted and I'm totally OK with that.

I hope Jim gets rid of the play call by committee approach. I'd much rather have him and McElwain be the only two involved in play-calls. Get Pep and Drevno out of that. They aren't good at it.

Man! I went to MGOBLOG to read the board post on the McElwain hire. That sure is a hard read. I usually like going over there. You definitely have to sift through a lot of bs, but usually there is some good info here and there. That thread is 400 stupid jokes about sea life and about 19 comments worth reading.

Someone in there mentioned that Harbaugh might be getting a hip replacement. Wow! That would be something.

Rumor in that mess is that maybe Drevno won't be in AA come fall.

Man! I went to MGOBLOG to read the board post on the McElwain hire. That sure is a hard read. I usually like going over there. You definitely have to sift through a lot of bs, but usually there is some good info here and there. That thread is 400 stupid jokes about sea life and about 19 comments worth reading.

Someone in there mentioned that Harbaugh might be getting a hip replacement. Wow! That would be something.

Rumor in that mess is that maybe Drevno won't be in AA come fall.

It's like a sequel to a good comedy. They use the same joke over and over or the scene plays out way too long. OK already, you fucking dweebs, we get it.

It's like a sequel to a good comedy. They use the same joke over and over or the scene plays out way too long. OK already, you fucking dweebs, we get it.

It's too bad for him. It was already proven that was not him in that picture. And sadly, because some jackass posted it to social media and made a comment, he's going to be getting shit forever.

I hope Jim gets rid of the play call by committee approach. I'd much rather have him and McElwain be the only two involved in play-calls. Get Pep and Drevno out of that. They aren't good at it.

Outside of watching games I don't really follow do they really have play-calling by committee?

It's too bad for him. It was already proven that was not him in that picture. And sadly, because some jackass posted it to social media and made a comment, he's going to be getting shit forever.
It would had gone away of he didn't keep bringing it up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Was it really him bringing it up? From what I remember, he just got pestered by the media and he had to answer.

Maybe not bringing it up. Poor wording by me. Just the way he handled it when it was brought up. All he ever had to say is "It's not me, so who cares?". Instead he said shit like "it attacked the university and it attacked my family".

Last edited:
So now it has to be Tim then Hamilton then Jim then coach H, and with 10 seconds left the Michigan qb will get the play who ever that is...Man can thIngs get any weirder In Ann Arbor :/

Looks like this McElwain thing is getting more and more traction and not just from UmBig.

Back