Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Another school shooting

I'm sorry but if you post from InfoWars you have no credibility what so ever. It is one thing to have a bias in news it is another to peddle conspiracy theories.

I'm sorry but if you post from InfoWars you have no credibility what so ever. It is one thing to have a bias in news it is another to peddle conspiracy theories.

But did you read the article?

It proves that every mass murderer was perfectly sane and normal before they just happened to randomly be prescribed psychotropic drugs.

I think they're getting a ton of press because they're part of an overall giant news story.

Surprisingly politicians are politicizing the situation.

I'm wondering that administration's short term excusing from class might be on the advice of emotional support councilors in order to deal with the near term trauma.

Yeah, it's a hot topic, but now CNN is hosting slanted town halls giving the kids scripted questions.

Politicians are expected to politicize the situation - I just think they're hypocrites telling us to listen to the kids when they're talking about banning them from buying weapons because they're not responsible enough to own them.

I guess grief counselors aren't all united on the idea - a school district in Texas is suspending kids who participate in the walkout. Go Texas!

Yeah, it's a hot topic, but now CNN is hosting slanted town halls giving the kids scripted questions.

Politicians are expected to politicize the situation - I just think they're hypocrites telling us to listen to the PAkids when they're talking about banning them from buying weapons because they're not responsible enough to own them.

I guess grief counselors aren't all united on the idea - a school district in Texas is suspending kids who participate in the walkout. Go Texas!

The schoolchildren in PA who walked out in support of the students in FL, did so while on their lunch break, and did not cause a disruption or were absent for later classes. I find it interesting that you defend your own interpretation of what the Second Amendment means, as well as apparently the First meaning that you believe that it doesn't apply to minors, and that their state and federal office-holders don't represent them. Senator Rubric..err..Rubio made it pretty clear who he represents in DC, and it isn't his constituents, this despite the oath that he took when assuming office.

Where is your proof that CNN handed out pre-scripted questions to those who were participating in that supposedly "slanted" CNN Town Hall, including parents who lost sons or daughters? Should CNN have invited only parents and students from an unaffected charter school instead?

The students have already raised in excess of $3 million in less than a week, to fund their March march in DC and beyond, not including $1.5M in donations to the school as well. Obviously not everyone takes the unsympathetic stance that you have.

Last edited:
The schoolchildren in PA who walked out in support of the students in FL, did so while on their lunch break, and did not cause a disruption or were absent for later classes. I find it interesting that you defend your own interpretation of what the Second Amendment means, as well as apparently the First meaning that you believe that it doesn't apply to minors, and that their state and federal office-holders don't represent them.

I guess you missed my post where I said they have every right to express themselves. I said something along the lines of "on their time and their dime, have at it." I never called for the kids to shut up or end their protests. The first amendment doesn't require me to agree with them or even to give their opinion any amount of weight - you get that, right?

Also, PA isn't the only place students protested. Students in Florida were given excused absences to attend protests.

Where is your proof that CNN handed out pre-scripted questions to those who were participating in that supposedly "slanted" CNN Town Hall, including parents who lost sons or daughters? Should CNN have invited only parents and students from an unaffected charter school instead?

Here - https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...fter_denying_question_about_armed_guards.html

longer version

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...he_script_they_scripted_entire_town_hall.html

I'm just going to dismiss your second question in that paragraph for what it is - a stupid attempt to deflect and mischaracterize my position.

The students have already raised in excess of $3 million in less than a week, to fund their March march in DC and beyond, not including $1.5M in donations to the school as well. Obviously not everyone takes the unsympathetic stance that you have.

Good for them - like I said, on their time and on their dime, have at it. I am as sympathetic as anyone - I think this is a horrible tragedy and I want something done about it. I just happen to disagree with some people on what that is - that doesn't make me unsympathetic.

Posting about "scripted"...Trump is slated to speak today @ the CPAC event in MD, along with such RW lunat..err..luminaries as formerSheriff David Clarke of Milwaukee County, and Nigel Farage, the Brexit activist who is cozy with the alt-right billionaire Bob Mercer and his radical heiress daughter Rebekah. Will Donnie freestyle his speech while in front of a friendly audience, or crib-note it, or teleprompter a prepared scripted speech, authored by members of his nepotized inner circle?

I guess you missed my post where I said they have every right to express themselves. I said something along the lines of "on their time and their dime, have at it." I never called for the kids to shut up or end their protests. The first amendment doesn't require me to agree with them or even to give their opinion any amount of weight - you get that, right?

Also, PA isn't the only place students protested. Students in Florida were given excused absences to attend protests.

Here - https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...fter_denying_question_about_armed_guards.html

longer version

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...he_script_they_scripted_entire_town_hall.html

I'm just going to dismiss your second question in that paragraph for what it is - a stupid attempt to deflect and mischaracterize my position.

Good for them - like I said, on their time and on their dime, have at it. I am as sympathetic as anyone - I think this is a horrible tragedy and I want something done about it. I just happen to disagree with some people on what that is - that doesn't make me unsympathetic.

But you cheerled for a Texass school district to punish students who "might" participate in a walkout, giving no details, and link to an article involving only ONE ROTC student whose parents pulled out of attending that TH, and CNN clarified why his intended speech was not within their time-limited guidelines.

But you cheerled for a Texass school district to punish students who "might" participate in a walkout, giving no details, and link to an article involving only ONE ROTC student whose parents pulled out of attending that TH, and CNN clarified why his intended speech was not within their time-limited guidelines.

No, there's no indication that they would punish students who "might" participate. They said they would suspend students if they actually skipped school unexcused. And yes, I do like that. I think it commendable that they act like adults and remind kids that unexcused absences will be punished. No special treatment for pet causes. What's your point? Do you think expecting kids to follow simple rules means I don't support their first amendment rights or it somehow makes me unsympathetic?

And CNN didn't clarify and explain it away. The kid said in the interview they asked him to submit a speech and questions. He said they then told him they were changing it to just questions to which he agreed and submitted his questions. But then he pulled out when CNN gave him a scripted question to ask instead of allowing him to use his own.

Last edited:
No, there's no indication that they would punish students who "might" participate. They said they would suspend students if they actually skipped school unexcused. And yes, I do like that. I think it commendable that they act like adults and remind kids that unexcused absences will be punished. No special treatment for pet causes. What's your point? Do you think expecting kids to follow simple rules means I don't support their first amendment rights or it somehow makes me unsympathetic?

And CNN didn't clarify and explain it away. The kid said in the interview they asked him to submit a speech and questions. He said they then told him they were changing it to just questions to which he agreed and submitted his questions. But then he pulled out when CNN gave him a scripted question to ask instead of allowing him to use his own.

Even IF that was true, it doesn't prove that every single attendee was expected to only ask scripted questions which CNN provided. I hardly think that only "leftists" were permitted to attend, given that FL is a red state, and at least some of the parents of the victims and survivors identify with and vote Republican.

Last edited:
I just think they're hypocrites telling us to listen to the kids when they're talking about banning them from buying weapons because they're not responsible enough to own them.

You think someone has to be responsible enough to have a gun before they're responsible enough to have an opinion?

You think someone has to be responsible enough to have a gun before they're responsible enough to have an opinion?

no, I don't. They can have all the opinions they want. I never advocated for taking away their opinions.

no, I don't. They can have all the opinions they want. I never advocated for taking away their opinions.

OK, now you want to make the distinction between having an opinion and people listening to it?

I'm saying your hypocrisy statement is goofy.

OK, now you want to make the distinction between having an opinion and people listening to it?

I'm saying your hypocrisy statement is goofy.

I've been making that distinction all along (clearly stated in post 137 on p.14 of this thread). Their opinions may be less risky or dangerous than their use of cars, guns and alcohol, but that doesn't make them any more wise or reliable. I think it's ironic and hypocritical for people pushing minimum age to own guns to tell us to listen to the opinions of the people they deem too young to own guns (so long as those young people happen to agree with them). If you think that's goofy, that's fine.

Last edited:
I've been making that distinction all along. They're opinions may be less risky or dangerous than their use of cars, guns and alcohol, but that doesn't make them any more wise or reliable. I think it's ironic and hypocritical for people pushing minimum age to own guns to tell us to listen to the opinions of the people they deem too young to own guns (so long as those young people happen to agree with them). If you think that's goofy, that's fine.

not only do you constantly move the goalposts, you reveal new goalposts in places nobody ever expected.

Trump is still on the attack vs "gun-free" school zones, maintaining that Cruz would not even have attempted his massacre of students @ his former high school had it been guarded by some handgun-packing staff. This despite his having also known about and trashed the armed deputy who chose to cowardly remain outside the school during the shootings. Apparently the sheer hypocrisy of the NRA and CPAC's preferences to hold their pow-wows inside gun-free facilities is utterly lost on him...as well as their pro-gun speakers-attendees.

Back