Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Project Linus

TheVictors

In light of last Friday's horrific massacre in Connecticut, I decided to make Project Linus the Charity to receive the benefit of the "bet" yet unfulfilled by poster tsmith.

Everyone recalls the lengthy back and forth and arrogance expressed by tsmith as it related to predicting the outcome of the 2012 Presidential Election. So confident and arrogant in his opinion that he wagered $1000 on the outcome and election of Mitt Romney with poster elrod.

Well tsmith was wrong, lost the bet and then behaved like a complete turd about the whole ordeal ... first insinuating that he'd never made the bet, then acting as if $1000 isn't much money to him but is to elrod because elrod had the audacity to ...ask him to make good on his word and wager.

So my Inner Trump took over and I mocked the debatably successful real estate mogul and reality TV star and presented a similar challenge to tsmith.

Pay the bet -- pay the $1000 that he owes -- and that I would match that $1000 in a charitable donation to illustrate just how petty and gutless tsmith was being. Others joined in and said they'd also contribute to the charity if only tsmith would live up to his word and pay what he owes. I received a number of messages from many posters applauding my challenge and thanking me for making it.

Well, to nobody's surprise, the gutless liar stood fast by his refusal to pay elrod and let the November deadline pass.

So this morning, because I am a man of my word, I made a $1000 donation to Project Linus in Memory of the young, innocent children murdered at their school last Friday. I don't feel the need to highlight how pathetic tsmith is any longer and rather than make donations to the ACLU, NAACP and Southern Poverty Law Center in his name - I am instead donating to Project Linus (among other donations we're making this month) in full sincerity and know that such an organization does very good work, including a time in the wake of the Columbine massacre in 1999 here in Colorado.

So you were called out and failed. I don't think anyone posting here has any respect for you at this point anyways and while mocking you is entertaining, this is after all just a message board and you're simply a grade-A jerk.

But I will call you out one last time ...since $1000 is nothing to a bigshot, loudmouth blowhard as yourself ...match my $1000 to Project Linus. I challenge you.

Otherwise, I'm done with you and pray for the healing of the families so tragically and undeservedly victimized and hope that this small amount of money goes to providing at least a little bit of comfort to them, fully understanding that no amount of money can really help.

830C7686-68AA-429B-AA2C-6EAC60C7E033-1194-000002580D354481.jpg

Last edited:
Come on ... prove me wrong. Prove that you actually have balls.

But I will call you out one last time ...since $1000 is nothing to a bigshot, loudmouth blowhard as yourself ...match my $1000 to Project Linus. I challenge you.

I hadn't visited the politics board since the election so I never noticed this before. I can't believe that fucker came back.

I hadn't visited the politics board since the election so I never noticed this before. I can't believe that fucker came back.

FYI, if you don't want to see his posts, you can look him up on the user list (I think this link will take you straight there: http://detroitsportsforum.com/member.php?u=198), then click "User Lists" in the grey bar under his name, and select "Add to Ignore List". I think he might be the only guy on my ignore list.

Five years and it still brings tears to my eyes. And absolutely nothing done to make it more difficult for folks to acquire mass killing weapons. In fact since Sandy Hook, there have been 1,126 mass shootings with at least 1,252 people killed and 4,453 wounded... almost unthinkable in the modern age that there would be such cruelty and bloodshed.

It's sad what America has become.

Last edited:
Five years and it still brings tears to my eyes. And absolutely nothing done to make it more difficult for folks to acquire mass killing weapons. In fact since Sandy Hook, there have been 1,126 mass shootings with at least 1,252 people killed and 4,453 wounded... almost unthinkable in the modern age that there would be such cruelty and bloodshed.

It's sad what America has become.

if I eat lunch at my desk, I usually read wikipedia's "on this day in history" feature, and any related articles that seem interesting.

today the Sandy Hook shooting came up.

absolutely horrifying... still after all these years. that kid was an absolute monster, and his mom was a fucking moron.

if you search for Sandy Hook, it seems like half the related links and images are from gun-nuts humping conspiracy theories, & posting photoshopped images and other crap "proving" it was all a myth thought up by gun control advocates. seeing those today made me even more angry.

the sort of person that would go to such extremes to defend their gun-fantasy world is fucking garbage. human waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now that Covid is finally loosening it’s strangle hold, I guess it’s time for Mass Shootings. I’ve shopped at that grocery store many, many times from 95-97 when I lived in South Boulder/Hill. I can’t fucking fathom being shot while buying crackers and OJ.

Fucking sick of it.

Back