Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The AI race: China aims to lead by 2030

Go to the wikipedia entries for famous Italians and Italian Americans... way more cool people to honor than Columbus.

Like Amerigo Vespucci... America was named for him!

Go to the wikipedia entries for famous Italians and Italian Americans... way more cool people to honor than Columbus.

Like Amerigo Vespucci... America was named for him!

Here is an homage to a great (probably) Italian, an anonymous hero, who was working on the building of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, between the great islands of Staten and Long, near the southernmost point of Upper New York Bay.

While both the historic Giovanni da Verrazano and the fictitious Tony Manero are examples of great Italian/Italian Americans who are and should be adulated, let us not forget the contribution of the anonymous (probably) Italian or Italian American dumb fuck who slipped and fell into the cement and remains buried inside the bridge to this day - by the way, with its utter rejection of verbal saccharine, coupled with its very subtle musical undertones, this is among the most romantic scenes in American cinematic history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFsoMPq25pU

Last edited:
let us not forget the contribution of the anonymous (probably) Italian or Italian American dumb fuck who slipped and fell into the cement and remains buried inside the bridge to this day

A structural void the size and shape of a person in your design sounds like an engineering nightmare. I'd expect significant stress concentration at the smaller radius curves of the void, like at the fingertips. Cracks would possibly start there and you can't inspect them visually. Whatever your safety factor was, seems like it wouldn't be that anymore. Maybe that part of the structure wasn't critically structural, mostly weight and filler.

we're talking about Italian Americans though.

but if you like Italian actresses, I think Monica Vitti is/(was) better looking than either Sophia or Gina.

Oh that's right, Italian Americans, my bad.

Because the whole Italian theme clearly goes back to post number thirteen wherein I brought up Christopher Columbus, whom everybody knows was born in New Utrecht.

Last edited:
Thread was about AIs; is now about IAs.

Well, these threads, you know, they seem to be able to take on a homogenous life of their own.

Your Clinton Grip on the DNC has kind of evolved to a discussion of the meaning of graphic and explicit lifestyle expressions in the contemporary lexicon.

Back