Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

McDaniels to stay with New England

Last edited:
$$$ +future HC for NE.

Colts fans must feel like a jilted bride @ a Vegas chapel drive-thru.

From Stampede Glue:

Fuck that

Visor wearing Fuckface. Hope he fails miserably next year and doesn’t get another coaching job ever. He’s gonna get what’s coming to him.
Go suck your mothers twat McDaniels

Fuck this piece of shit. Fuck him. Hope he doesn’t live to see 50
I know it’s just a game but this move is beyond just a game. Fuck him!!

I said a lot of bad things about Pagano, but...

…the man epitomized class. Took out an ad in the Indy Star after he was FIRED!
Compare that to this clown. Set up a coaching staff that LEFT OTHER JOBS and MOVED. Then vanished like a thief of night.

Last edited:
Bill Belichick & Rob Gronkowski are publicly non-committal about returning to #Patriots next year. Malcolm Butler says he did nothing wrong.
Josh McDaniels just gave a sorry-not-sorry to #Colts. Then there's Tom Brady. People won't be talking about #Celtics or #Bruins for weeks.
twitter

some serious shit is about to unfold it would seem.

Looks like Jeff Fisher will soon be interviewed by the Colts.

I wonder if McDaniels learned more about Luck's chances of starting for the Colts next season, and balked out as a result.

Last edited:
I have no idea which one is better ? But one coaches defense gave up 41 . The other coaches offense scored 33. I will be interested to see if Patricia would consider bringing in Butler. Was it all Bill's decision alone ? If Matt had any balls to stand up to Bill he should have put in Butler verses Philadelphia at least later in the game because nothing he was doing was stopping the Eagles and super human Nick Foles!!!!!

Last edited:
LOL!!

https://twitter.com/1070thefan/status/960977882926452739/photo/1

I have no idea which one is better ? But one coaches defense gave up 41 . The other coaches offense scored 33. I will be interested to see if Patricia would consider bringing in Butler. Was it all Bill's decision alone ? If Matt had any balls to stand up to Bill he should have put in Butler verses Philadelphia at least later in the game because nothing he was doing was stopping the Eagles and super human Nick Foles!!!!!

Its always Bill's decision. Btw, I haven't seen one article mention "Is Detroit having 2nd thoughts?" On Patricia.

Last edited:
I think the Colts end up with one of the Eagles Coordinators. My money is on Schwartz if I had to take a guess. I think he can do a good job there with Ballard making the picks. I know most people didn't like Schwartz here, but I thought he was a good coach, not just coordinator. Mayhew (and I know Schwartz had influence on the picks) just took too many high risk players and every one of them flamed out to injury or personal problems.

Details On Josh McDaniels? Rejection Of Colts HC Job.
In a move not seen since Bill Belichick resigned as ?HC of the NYJ? in 2000, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels decided not to accept the Colts? head coaching position after the club had already formally announced his hire. Adam Schefter of ESPN.com, who originally reported the McDaniels story, has since offered more details on the New England play-caller?s decision:

While McDaniels? decision to remain with the Patriots may lead many to speculate that Belichick is close to retirement, that may not be the case, per Schefter. In fact, had Belichick made it clear that he was about to leave New England, McDaniels would have been more inclined to accept a head coaching offer. As Schefter reported earlier, Patriots owner Robert Kraft ?sweetened? McDaniels? contract over the past few days ? had that overture started sooner, McDaniels may not have taken any head coaching interviews, at all.

Although McDaniels ultimately decided to reject the Colts? offer, his decision was not based on money, according to Schefter. Instead, McDaniels had concerns about moving his family away from the New England area (the same worries he reportedly had while considering the 49ers? job a year ago).
His unease with leaving the Patriots lead to the Colts having McDaniels in for a second interview. While Indy formally announced McDaniels as its new head coach earlier today, McDaniels had never officially signed a contract, per Schefter.

Despite rejecting this present opportunity, McDaniels would still like to become a head coach again, per Schefter. It seems incredibly unlikely that any team will trust McDaniels with a head coaching job in the near future given his decision to bail on the Colts, but ? clearly ? he does have some interest in becoming the next Patriots? head coach when Belichick retires.

McDaniels was reportedly offering jobs to assistants earlier today, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL.com. Some coaches, such as Matt Eberflus (defensive coordinator), Dave DeGuglielmo (offensive line), and Mike Phair (defensive line) have already signed contracts with the Colts, and they?ll be offered roles under the new Indianapolis head coach, whomever that may be, per Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com (Twitter link).

Kraft?s decision to put the full-court press on McDaniels may have deeper roots, as one source texted Schefter (Twitter link): ?That?s Kraft putting it to the Colts again. He will forever try and (expletive) that place ever since DeflateGate.?

Josh McDaniels made the decision to walk away from the Colts? head coaching job offer without receiving a promise that he will succeed Bill Belichick as the Patriots? next head coach, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.

McDaniels reportedly did not bail on Indianapolis because of money, but instead had concerns about moving his family away from the New England area.

While McDaniels received ?clarity? as to Belichick?s future in recent days, that apparently doesn?t mean he?s been told he?ll become the Pats head coach whenever Belichick retires. Indeed, if McDaniels had been informed Belichick was nearing retirement, he?d have been more inclined to take a head coaching job.

McDaniels may have had worries about the condition of Colts quarterback Andrew Luck (Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com reported Sunday that some doctors believe Luck may require another surgery), but Florio indicates McDaniels? chief concerns involved working with Colts owner Jim Irsay. Whether the next round of Indianapolis candidates will have that same uneasiness is unclear, but the Colts plan to restart their head coaching search this week.

ProFootballRumors

Its always Bill's decision. Btw, I haven't seen one article mention "Is Detroit having 2nd thoughts?" On Patricia.

They should because any assistant coach that is to much of a pussy to go to Bill and say " Hey Bill, ergh umm yeah we are not stopping the Eagles I'm putting in Butler to try and get a spark".

Or better yet just put him in without asking Bill .. Patrica was ball-Less in the super Bowl and his defense was torched with Butler crying on the bench. Bill was a complete dummy , and Patricia should have called him out on it.

Last edited:
I mean it is cool that the Colts are going to honor the new coaches that Josh was going to hire but what if they wanted to stay in New England , and not go to Indy ?

Last edited:
Jim Bob Cooter is another name being bandied about for HC by some Colts fans...as well as ex-Lions HC Gym Shorts, and Jim Caldwell as OC. I have seen JBC also mentioned as a potential HC for the Phins, Titans, and Cards in the past...he might have a cool name to MRAs, but IMO, lacks enough coaching experience (as yet) to be in charge of a Div 1A college team, much less an NFL club.

Jim Bob Cooter is another name being bandied about for HC by some Colts fans...as well as ex-Lions HC Gym Shorts, and Jim Caldwell as OC. I have seen JBC also mentioned as a potential HC for the Phins, Titans, and Cards in the past...he might have a cool name to MRAs, but IMO, lacks enough coaching experience (as yet) to be in charge of a Div 1A college team, much less an NFL club.

Oh please someone take jbc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$ +future HC for NE.

Colts fans must feel like a jilted bride @ a Vegas chapel drive-thru.

From Stampede Glue:

Fuck that

Visor wearing Fuckface. Hope he fails miserably next year and doesn?t get another coaching job ever. He?s gonna get what?s coming to him.
Go suck your mothers twat McDaniels

Fuck this piece of shit. Fuck him. Hope he doesn?t live to see 50
I know it?s just a game but this move is beyond just a game. Fuck him!!

I said a lot of bad things about Pagano, but...

?the man epitomized class. Took out an ad in the Indy Star after he was FIRED!
Compare that to this clown. Set up a coaching staff that LEFT OTHER JOBS and MOVED. Then vanished like a thief of night.

I think it's funny. Don't forget...the Colts left the city of Baltimore in the middle of the night. This could happen to them 100x and I would never feel sorry for them.

"In fact, had Belichick made it clear that he was about to leave New England, McDaniels would have been more inclined to accept a head coaching offer."

That makes no sense...why would he want to be a HC elsewhere, if he knew that the Pats job was going to open up?

"Instead, McDaniels had concerns about moving his family away from the New England area (the same worries he reportedly had while considering the 49ers’ job a year ago). His unease with leaving the Patriots lead to the Colts having McDaniels in for a second interview. While Indy formally announced McDaniels as its new head coach earlier today."
McDaniels is in the wrong business then, b/c NFL coaching is one of the more nomadic professions here in Murka.

"Despite rejecting this present opportunity, McDaniels would still like to become a head coach again, per Schefter. It seems incredibly unlikely that any team will trust McDaniels with a head coaching job in the near future given his decision to bail on the Colts, but — clearly — he does have some interest in becoming the next Patriots’ head coach when Belichick retires."
Some?

I can't see any other "sane" reason for remaining with NE, especially after what he just did to Indy.

"McDaniels was reportedly offering jobs to assistants earlier today, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL.com. Some coaches, such as Matt Eberflus (defensive coordinator), Dave DeGuglielmo (offensive line), and Mike Phair (defensive line) have already signed contracts with the Colts, and they’ll be offered roles under the new Indianapolis head coach, whomever that may be, per Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com (Twitter link)."
Doesn't make McDaniels any less of a stone-cold sociopath prick for leaving his former assistants high and dry, b/c he had no clue as to how the Colts' FO would handle the fallout from being rejected @ the last minute.

"Kraft’s decision to put the full-court press on McDaniels may have deeper roots, as one source texted Schefter (Twitter link): “That’s Kraft putting it to the Colts again. He will forever try and (expletive) that place ever since DeflateGate.”
The other NFL owners should be angry @ Kraft for the rude way that he treated Indy, but that is the same franchise who left Baltimore under less than ideal circumstances.

"Josh McDaniels made the decision to walk away from the Colts’ head coaching job offer without receiving a promise that he will succeed Bill Belichick as the Patriots’ next head coach, according to Mike Florio of Pro F
ootball Talk"

Dunno if I really can believe that, and it seems very unlikely that Kraft would pay him more money for a longer period of time as the Pats' OC, than as the Colts' new HC.

"McDaniels reportedly did not bail on Indianapolis because of money, but instead had concerns about moving his family away from the New England area."

Who could want as their HC, a guy who would have any qualms about moving to another city and state, considering what his profession is? How many highly educated and skilled professional people have been forced to do likewise, in order to keep or obtain a job?

"While McDaniels received “clarity” as to Belichick’s future in recent days, that apparently doesn’t mean he’s been told he’ll become the Pats head coach whenever Belichick retires. Indeed, if McDaniels had been informed Belichick was nearing retirement, he’d have been more inclined to take a head coaching job."
Again, being the HC of an NFL team is the very reason that lower-level coaches aspire to become higher level assistants/coordinators, in the hopes of someday running the whole show themselves. What good would it be to McDaniels to be the HC of another team, and under contract, when Belichick retires?

"McDaniels may have had worries about the condition of Colts quarterback Andrew Luck (Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com reported Sunday that some doctors believe Luck may require another surgery), but Florio indicates McDaniels’ chief concerns involved working with Colts owner Jim Irsay. Whether the next round of Indianapolis candidates will have that same uneasiness is unclear, but the Colts plan to restart their head coaching search this week."
Being wishy-washy is not a very desirable characteristic, when searching for a new HC who will cost millions to employ for at least several years.

Last edited:
I've said it from the day we fired Caldwell.....no way in hell I'd want McDaniels. That guy is riding Belicheck's coat tails.....and he knows it.

I've said it from the day we fired Caldwell.....no way in hell I'd want McDaniels. That guy is riding Belicheck's coat tails.....and he knows it.

Lets say Bill stays a few more years and McDaniel's has the coaching bug again.. I can't see an owner wanting to interview him knowing he can bolt at any time.

Back