Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Horizons~Pluto~Ultima Thule

The greatest thing that could happen at Ceres or Pluto or a Pluto moon or any mission that we send out would be if we saw structures of anything that we new were not from us.. Just think of the ramifications to our thought process...

The greatest thing that could happen at Ceres or Pluto or a Pluto moon or any mission that we send out would be if we saw structures of anything that we new were not from us.. Just think of the ramifications to our thought process...

I think there is already interesting imagery of possible ancient artifacts on the moon, Mars and Martian moons..these things aren't generally accepted in the main stream and consider fringe crack pottery..I think the greatest thing would be for this stuff to finally be disclosed after decades of cover up

Oh I agree T.. I wish we could just get that definitive proof.

Last edited:
Very cool indeed... I had forgotten his ashes were on board..

Closet approach on July 14th early est..

Last edited:
Closest pass was about an hour ago. There was a room with a few hundred people and a countdown and some cheering, but the pictures will take a while to get here because there's only so much bandwidth.

Closest pass was about an hour ago. There was a room with a few hundred people and a countdown and some cheering, but the pictures will take a while to get here because there's only so much bandwidth.

whats the actual travel time of light from that distance? 30 minutes? an hour?

A few hours sounds right, but they said it would take two weeks to transmit all the data it just collected.

Apparently, it's not transmitting right now. All the resources are being used to collect data.

There should be high res, color photos sometime tomorrow with this level of detail:
Screen%20Shot%202015-07-08%20at%205.47.14%20PM.png

(this is one of Jupiter's moons)

Back