Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jud

Spartan23MSU

RIP Jud

90 years young

I saw him coach my freshman year, 1994. Gosh, I hope I make it to 65.

Last edited:
Just heard it on my way to work. I saw him coach all 4 years '88-'92. Sophomore year was the best by far - winning the Big Ten in the brand new Breslin Center. Man did we get hosed in the Georgia Tech game - that team definitely could have made the Final Four. RIP Jud.

Last edited:
He was before my time but I have read a multitude of Jud stories/jokes and crack up every time. RIP.

Jud is/was the goods. The forward comb-up was way ahead of its time. May he rest in peace.

Last edited:
was listening to WFAN today and a caller noted that with Massimino dying the other day, the winning coaches of the two highest rated NCAA championship games ever died within 2 days of each other. Jud's was #1 in '79 when we beat Larry Bird while Massamino's victory over G'town in 1985 was #2.

was listening to WFAN today and a caller noted that with Massimino dying the other day, the winning coaches of the two highest rated NCAA championship games ever died within 2 days of each other. Jud's was #1 in '79 when we beat Larry Bird while Massamino's victory over G'town in 1985 was #2.

Very cool stat.I remember both like it was yesterday. I actually was rooting for both msu and Villanova way back when. I even saw Magic in high school take over the class A title game in ot ..Magic was amazing. It was a great title game . Long buzzer shot tied game and magic took over the ot.. thing I remember about the msu vs indana st game was Kesler flying over all indana st guys . Not sure why that sticks out. Msu was just to athletic for ISU. I just remember everyone hating Georgetown lol.

Last edited:
Very cool stat.I remember both like it was yesterday. I actually was rooting for both msu and Villanova way back when. I even saw Magic in high school take over the class A title game in ot ..Magic was amazing. It was a great title game . Long buzzer shot tied game and magic took over the ot.. thing I remember about the msu vs indana st game was Kesler flying over all indana st guys . Not sure why that sticks out. Msu was just to athletic for ISU. I just remember everyone hating Georgetown lol.

I believe that villanova team shot 79% from the floor in the final. Granted there was no shot clock and they took a select few shots as a result but still incredible.

I believe that villanova team shot 79% from the floor in the final. Granted there was no shot clock and they took a select few shots as a result but still incredible.

They only missed one shot from the field the entire 2nd half - only took 10 but that's partly because they took 23 FTs, making 19 of them.

ISU never would have been in the game if Bird hadn't transferred there from IU - he's the one and only reason they were in the tournament, let alone the final. Magic was equally dominant but he had a much better supporting cast - he didn't have to carry the entire team the way Bird did.

Back