Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 9: Browns @ Lions Thread

Stafford with a 55 total qbr. Poor lkp just can't function when the stats don't go his way. Or read apparently.

It's 73.5 per that link for the game. Don't be retarded

Qb rating is the stat. Stafford outplayed kizer

232 1 td and 1 int from kizer. Average

Stafford with a 55 total qbr. Poor lkp just can't function when the stats don't go his way. Or read apparently.

The game link you sent does say 73.5, as compared to 73.6 for Kizer. They can change QBR after the game. I don't know what it is they change, but they adjust it.

Outside of that one completely terrible throw, Stafford has played really well the last two games.

Outside of that one completely terrible throw, Stafford has played really well the last two games.

Not denying that. Just debating that we let the worst qb in the league have a game against us. Weve beaten no one other than the queens. The only thing that will keep us on pace with the Vikings is our poor SoS imo.

Not denying that. Just debating that we let the worst qb in the league have a game against us. Weve beaten no one other than the queens. The only thing that will keep us on pace with the Vikings is our poor SoS imo.

You can only beat who's in front of you.

So total QBR is just adjusted based on the opponent you face. And I don't think it's a very good measure of how somebody played when the only thing it takes into account is the opponent you faced. It's not Stafford's fault they had to play Cleveland in week 10.

Either way. I know you weren't knocking Stafford.......as far as issues on this team are concerned, #9 is not one of them IMO.

Last edited:
You can only beat who's in front of you.

So total QBR is just adjusted based on the opponent you face. And I don't think it's a very good measure of how somebody played when the only thing it takes into account is the opponent you faced. It's not Stafford's fault they had to play Cleveland in week 10.

Either way. I know you weren't knocking Stafford.......as far as issues on this team are concerned, #9 is not one of them IMO.

The gutless turd calling the plays is the problem. Id like to see Stafford calling plays at the line one day.

The gutless turd calling the plays is the problem. Id like to see Stafford calling plays at the line one day.

No QBs call their own plays regularly. Some QBs may change something slightly about the play, or occasionally audible into a different play, but for the most part QBs aren't out there making the entire play call.

Nothing I've seen prevents Stafford from doing that, he occasionally appears to change part of the route or if he recognizes the blitz my may change it to a hot route.

Stafford has looked worlds better under JBC vs any other OC. I believe part of that is because of his conservative style. Limiting Stafford has worked well for us. If he has shown he finally has better mid to deep decision making and improved on accuracy and touch then yes, the playbook needs to be a little bigger.

Improved O-line play also helps those longer developing routes.

I believe that's passing qbr. His total qbr was 55.

LOL there is no running QBR. There is one QBR. And QB rating as well. Stafford had 118 rating. That is what matters.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951563

Notice there is no QBR under the rushing stats. Hughes got caught in a lie.

Stafford did much much much much much much better than Kizer in this game. Admit it Hughes

Lions defense gave up 24 mainly due to running. Browns had two shorter fields for their first 10 points too. It was a solid defensive day. Plus 2 turnovers forced with a defensive TD. 4 sacks.

Last edited:
No QBs call their own plays regularly. Some QBs may change something slightly about the play, or occasionally audible into a different play, but for the most part QBs aren't out there making the entire play call.

Nothing I've seen prevents Stafford from doing that, he occasionally appears to change part of the route or if he recognizes the blitz my may change it to a hot route.

Stafford has looked worlds better under JBC vs any other OC. I believe part of that is because of his conservative style. Limiting Stafford has worked well for us. If he has shown he finally has better mid to deep decision making and improved on accuracy and touch then yes, the playbook needs to be a little bigger.

Improved O-line play also helps those longer developing routes.

Cooter fixed his fundamentals, that's all I'm giving him credit for. Imo, Stafford has outgrown him and this team needs a more aggressive OC now.

LOL there is no running QBR. There is one QBR. And QB rating as well. Stafford had 118 rating. That is what matters.

Stafford did much much much much much much better than Kizer in this game. Admit it Hughes

Lions defense gave up 24 mainly due to running. Browns had two shorter fields for their first 10 points too. It was a solid defensive day. Plus 2 turnovers forced. 4 sacks.

I wouldn't classify that as a "solid defensive day". They have up 413 total yards, 201 rushing yards and 24 points to one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

I wouldn't classify that as a "solid defensive day". They have up 413 total yards, 201 rushing yards and 24 points to one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

Read the whole post. 4 sacks, 10 points for Browns from short fields, 2 turnovers with one defensive TD. That is a solid defensive day. And some garbage yards on the last Browns drive down 14.

Browns ran well. Lions have proven they can defend the run much better than they did on Sunday.

And again. 3 of the 4 starting Dline for the year did not play. Ansah, Ngata and Hyder. Ansah back sets the edge better.

Some funny posts. Bottom line, the Lions did what they were supposed to do. Beat an inferior team. They did that and won by double digits. Now, I have to listen to retards like Mike Valenti destroy this team on the radio yesterday like we got beat by 30 lol. It's fkn pathetic. We didn'tplay a great game but we won. End of story. Sure, all kinds of things need to be fixed but we're in a tight race for the division. Take game for game and handle the business at hand.

Another thing. Claiming that JBC's system "limits" Stafford is a complete joke. #9 can make any throw in the game and then some. Limited my ass....lol.

Some funny posts. Bottom line, the Lions did what they were supposed to do. Beat an inferior team. They did that and won by double digits. Now, I have to listen to retards like Mike Valenti destroy this team on the radio yesterday like we got beat by 30 lol. It's fkn pathetic. We didn'tplay a great game but we won. End of story. Sure, all kinds of things need to be fixed but we're in a tight race for the division. Take game for game and handle the business at hand.

you are right...they beat a shitty team by double digits...I knew they would. The Lions made me some $$$ on Sunday :)

Back