Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan vs LSU Maui

Jb.
Dummy for having Brooks bring it up with it tied .

Frustrating this happened . Team only played good about 7 minutes .

Tough one. I thought LSU threw up a lot of sloppy shots that happened to go in. That kid Waters just took over.

Robinson/Simpson were putrid. Going to be some growing pains here.

This is a bad loss because Brooks should not be the pg in a tie game late. Muhammad has to bring that ball up tied.

Simpson huge bust so far. He looked overwhelmed and did not play defense which he is suppose to be good at. Once he knew the other guy was better than him he just laid down tonight and turtled.

It appear Simmons was a error . Glad it's only for a year. Moe hardly touched the ball the last 4 min. Robinson a complete invisible act tonight with only 3 points .

Blew a 8 point lead late is terribly deflating .

Last edited:
One other thing . I am so tired of soft jb teans ... This team is soft.

Last edited:
It boggles my mind that after the sweet 16 run jb still has to settle for project pg. Why can't be get top recruits to look his way ? I'm just asking because Simmons, Simpson ,and Brooks all have a long way to go. A long way.

Last edited:
I honestly think Brooks or Simmons will be starting by mid-B1G season. Simpson's shot looks like it's the first time he's ever shot a basketball. I don't understand how coaches let a player go for so long with god awful shooting technique.

Simmons still has a chance to be good. This offense is not easy for the PG early in their first year. Have to hope Simmons or Brooks hit their stride. Simpson is never going to be more than a pass first PG that can play some D.

Last edited:
It boggles my mind that after the sweet 16 run jb still has to settle for project pg. Why can't be get top recruits to look his way ? I'm just asking because Simmons, Simpson ,and Brooks all have a long way to go. A long way.

it really showed on that last shot. I mean, I know there wasn't a ton of time left, but MAAR's heavily contested 3 was awful.

the effort seemed pretty uneven too. on a number of plays, MAAR seemed to be loafing, while Matthews was all over the place, hustling.

to me it seems like we have the pieces to be a good team, just gotta find the right mix.

I was happy to see much more pick and roll action with Matthews and Moe. 90% of pick and rolls need to be that combo or Rahk and Moe.

Great lose today to Chaminade and Hawaii Beach team vacation turns into a nightmare.

it really showed on that last shot. I mean, I know there wasn't a ton of time left, but MAAR's heavily contested 3 was awful.

the effort seemed pretty uneven too. on a number of plays, MAAR seemed to be loafing, while Matthews was all over the place, hustling.

to me it seems like we have the pieces to be a good team, just gotta find the right mix.

Yup instead of going to the middle he didn't . Brooks was wide open at top of the key. Others were open too. Not a great play. Jb had a timeout. I thought he was going to use one when brooks got the ball stolen when it was tied, and for the last shot.

Last edited:

After the sweet 16 run, Michigan just signed their best class in a long time. They won't be here until next season, though.

Great lose today to Chaminade and Hawaii Beach team vacation turns into a nightmare.

We're not going to lose to Chamalamadingdong.

The part that sucks is that a win against them counts for nothing. They are D-2, so the win won't go on our tournament resume. Not that it would help anyway, but it's one less win.

Last edited:
Back