Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Remaining NFC North Schedules

Tate and Marvin are equal to Thielen and Diggs
Golladay and TJ Jones are better than Tredwell and Wright
Ebron and Rudolph are even
Fells is better than Morgan
Riddick better receiver than McKinnon or Murray
Abdullah solid receiver too

Cook TBD as injured rookie but looked promising in 3.5 games.

Lions have more and better weapons than Vikings.

The Lions are what their record says they are 6-4 on the outside looking in.

Lions beat the Vikings. Says the record

You know what would be really sweet? If they beat them again and beat them good. they would be in control of their own destiny if they do that. Biggest game of the year Thursday! I would recommend Jim Bob Cooter let Stafford open it up and go deep early and often and stop being such a pussy.

You know what would be really sweet? If they beat them again and beat them good. they would be in control of their own destiny if they do that. Biggest game of the year Thursday! I would recommend Jim Bob Cooter let Stafford open it up and go deep early and often and stop being such a pussy.

Stafford has been going deep and has best QB rating on deep balls for all QBs this season'

Vikings secondary is the real deal..... I agree with you only if we can get some favorable matchup's. I'd take a Golladay versus Trey Waynes one on one any day. Wayne's always has been a PI machine. He's faster than Golladay but KG is much bigger and more aggressive to the ball.

Marvin Jones is going to have a very tough time and getting open on Thursday. Which means Tate, Ebron and Golliday are going to have to win their match ups. I like Tate......but Ebron and Golladay are going to have to play good football.

This is one of those games where Riddick may need to catch seven or eight balls underneath in one on one match ups. The Viking simply don't have anybody that can cover him.

Marvin Jones can beat Rhodes.

Key to the game is protection. Give Stafford time and the Lions can score plenty of points

Redskins just dropped 30 on the Vikings two weeks ago

Marvin Jones can beat Rhodes.

Key to the game is protection. Give Stafford time and the Lions can score plenty of points

Redskins just dropped 30 on the Vikings two weeks ago

And the Rams dropped 7! What's your point?

Protection is always the key. Any quarterback that's worth a shit can put up points if they get a ton of time.

Jones had one catch for 7 yards against Rhoades in their first meeting. He had a 34 yard catch against zone coverage. Rhoades owned him. Just because you say he can get open, doesn't mean it's true. Marvin Jones struggles against big corners.

They still won't control their own destiny in the North.

They still won't control their own destiny in the North.

technically they don't control their own destiny now...do they? Even if the Lions win out, they need Carolina to lose 2 more games or ATL one more

Last edited:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I actually can’t find a scenario where the Lions win out and miss the playoffs at 12-4. I didn’t explore ties though.

Carolina or Atlanta winning out means one of them beats Minnesota, Lions win the division in either case.

Minnesota losing to the Lions but winning out from there means they beat Atlanta, who then has 5 losses and can’t finish ahead of the Lions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mac...0951557~2~400951637~1~400951734~2~400951561~2

Even in that crazy scenario where 3 12-4 teams are fighting for 2 WC spots, NO wins head to head sweep over LA and Detroit, and Detroit wins conference record over LA.

All the games between South teams helps the Lions in any scenario.

The Lions may actually still control their own destiny for the wild card.

technically they don't control their own destiny now...do they? Even if the Lions win out, they need Carolina to lose 2 more games or ATL one more

Technically if they finish 12-4 they are in. There isn't away with how many games between each other are left that all the teams could finish with a better record than the lions.

This is the Lions. They could win out, or they could lose the next 3.

Latest division winner projections (updated through week 11, with % change from last week)

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

Minnesota 83.4% (+8.7%)
Detroit 15.7% (-4.2%)
Green Bay 1.0% (-4.3%)
Chicago 0.0%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Minnesota 74% (+11%)
Detroit 24% (-2%)
Green Bay 2% (-9%)
Chicago <1%

We win Thursday and those will change dramatically. They will be somewhere along the lines of 60/40.

Back