Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Not good so far

Spartanmack

thank goodness we kept Bollman and Warner, otherwise it might be hard to predict what the offense is going to do.

do they not see 9 guys in the box? how about more than 1 play action pass. can our receivers not get separation because Lewerke has been forced to tuck and run way too much.

These guys gave up 70+ twice last year and we've hung 7 on them through 20 minutes. Of course, the 3 fumbles in 17 minutes aren't helping, but that's hardly the biggest problem.

As for the defense, if BG could complete some passes we'd be down at least 2 scores right now. Guys are getting open deep without a problem, qb pressure not there and frey looks lost out there.

I wasn't expecting a lot but this is disappointing - and now Cooper limping off the field.

Edit: can't be too critical of Lewerke. Darryl Stewart looks pretty good and London should probably get more carries.

Last edited:
Lewerke was rattled missing two wide open throws early. He was scared to throw down field after that in the first half. He had guys open, he just wouldn't pull the trigger. He seems to have settled down now and we're rolling on offense.

Defense has also looked better in coverage since those couple wr's got behind them early. I'm more worried about the fact that our pass rush hasn't got even close to their QB.

That damn jet sweep is so predictable. I called it 3 of the 4 times they've run it today.

Lewerke is a stud! Wish he didn't break his leg last year so we didn't have to watch that shit hole of a QB that oconnor was

they've looked better since the last drive of the 1h, but I wouldn't say the offense is rolling. We still haven't established much of a run game - seems more like they've figured out BG has 9 guys in the box. Lewerke is making better throws and he seems to see the whole or a lot of the field, not locking in on one guy and he's been very effective with his feet.

pass rush is non-existent and d-backs are still a weakness.

they've looked better since the last drive of the 1h, but I wouldn't say the offense is rolling. We still haven't established much of a run game - seems more like they've figured out BG has 9 guys in the box. Lewerke is making better throws and he seems to see the whole or a lot of the field, not locking in on one guy and he's been very effective with his feet.

pass rush is non-existent and d-backs are still a weakness.

The run game sucking is mainly on LJ. He's played his worst game I've seen. There have been holes and he's just not getting to them. London should be getting more carries today.

Agree on the pass rush. That's my biggest concern coming in and I haven't seen anything to make me feel better. I wouldn't call the DB's a weakness. They're young and unproven, but I think they've played pretty good today since the first qtr.

I agree on London - said the same thing earlier. I think Holmes looks better than Scott too but tough to tell on any of them given the musical chairs that's going on right now, particularly when you mix all these stupid jet sweeps.

I don't know on the DBs - BG could easily have 2 or even 3 more TDs if not for bad throws. They are young and unproven though and they could get better, but at the moment, they look like a weakness.

And LJ Scott fumbles for a TD the other way - replay seems to indicate he was down, but still, that's crap ball control.

who is doing these reviews? overturning the first targeting was complete crap and now, Scott's knee was CLEARLY down and his elbow probably was too and the fumble call stands. no excuse for LJ, but that puts points on the board that don't belong there.

Even if they overturn it, Scott should be benched for the afternoon at least or until he learns how to hold onto the ball.

I agree on London - said the same thing earlier. I think Holmes looks better than Scott too but tough to tell on any of them given the musical chairs that's going on right now, particularly when you mix all these stupid jet sweeps.

I don't know on the DBs - BG could easily have 2 or even 3 more TDs if not for bad throws. They are young and unproven though and they could get better, but at the moment, they look like a weakness.

And LJ Scott fumbles for a TD the other way - replay seems to indicate he was down, but still, that's crap ball control.

I thought he was down too, but I also thought that Sokol was down short of a td earlier and also that first reverse of targeting earlier was wrong so I'm like 0-3 on reviews today.

I really don't understand why Terry is in. If Lewerke goes down and he goes with Terry over DeWeaver he's an idiot.

also, these von miller old spice commercials are even more unwatchable than our running game.

This game isn't over! The offense finally looked to be getting it going and he pulls the QB???????????????

These are valuable reps that are being wasted with Terry in there. The guy is NOT a big ten QB.

Last edited:
I thought he was down too, but I also thought that Sokol was down short of a td earlier and also that first reverse of targeting earlier was wrong so I'm like 0-3 on reviews today.

I really don't understand why Terry is in. If Lewerke goes down and he goes with Terry over DeWeaver he's an idiot.

yeah, sokol didn't appear to cross before the knee was down. I don't think we're 0-3, it's the replay ref who is technically 1-3 since he got the 2nd targeting call correct.

Wtf was that throw Terry? he missed a wide open guy buy 6 yards on a 6 yard throw. and then missed hunter by a mile on the next play.

Maybe Dantonio took the points.

does Dantonio think DeWeaver has another red shirt? Is it possible he's actually worse than Terry? Does Terry have polaroids of Dantonio in compromising situations?

I think this just shows how idiotic this coaching staff is and just how much loyalty they show to seniors who have proven over and over again that they are shit players and still get playing time. What is the point of playing Terry here? You can't provide a single decent reason for it.

Last edited:
I think this just shows how idiotic this coaching staff is and just how much loyalty they show to seniors who have proven over and over again that they are shit players and still get playing time. What is the point of playing Terry here? You can't provide a single decent reason for it.

sbee or johnny could probably explain it.

Back