Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Game grades

it's at home on turkey day though, have to like out chances on turkey day, I think the Lions could still make a run with the remaining schedule but only if the red zone offense can find a way to get its head out of it's ass. That I don't have much confidence in at the moment though, that would require a running game at which the Lions do NOT have.

it's at home on turkey day though, have to like out chances on turkey day, I think the Lions could still make a run with the remaining schedule but only if the red zone offense can find a way to get its head out of it's ass. That I don't have much confidence in at the moment though, that would require a running game at which the Lions do NOT have.

They've lost 3 home games in a row.

so odds are they'll even that out then

That means they'll even out the road losses so lose at GB, win vs Minny. Or win at GB, lose vs Minny. Somehow we'll screw this up. QB's galore injured and we'll still in 3rd place.

I think we sweep the division this year, and I feel strongly about it. Minnesota is playing well, but think they start to fall apart. Detroit is going to get their legs back under them, starting next Monday

I think we sweep the division this year, and I feel strongly about it. Minnesota is playing well, but think they start to fall apart. Detroit is going to get their legs back under them, starting next Monday

They've only had strong legs game vs Atlanta. Imo, they've had 1 good game, and the rest sub par. They can't seem to put it altogether. The first 7 games, not as easy as the last half of the schedule, but pretty easy. Not like they have played a monster schedule so far.

Can't expect to score enough w/o throwing into tight coverage more often, and when in the RZ that is oobviously more bound to happen...this is vs pro CBs of the NFL, not vs DII college. I think that C&C have caused Stafford to become more timid in those situations, plus sometimes his holding onto the ball a bit too long waiting for more separation by his wideouts. He got used to having Megatron leaping over one-two CBs in the EZ to snag his throws of 8 feet high or more.

Going for it on 4th at the goal line still doesn’t sit well with me. Yeah it’s frustrating that they couldn’t punch one in, but the points and the lead were right there for the taking, a chip shot for Prater. I don’t want to argue “what ifs” because kicking a FG there changes field position and the game, but I think it certainly would’ve given them a better shot with a 2-point lead. Maybe I just prefer the safer route, but it’s the NFL and I feel that you should take the (mostly) guaranteed lead when it’s given to you.

I think that C&C have caused Stafford to become more timid in those situations..

Or it could be he's not confident that his guys will hold on to a ball thrown their way..

Some say we could have a better receiving corp with no CJ. I don't see it.

To the people saying we will sweep this division, and like our chances in various games, why? What has this team done to instill any form of confidence?

Or it could be he's not confident that his guys will hold on to a ball thrown their way..

Some say we could have a better receiving corp with no CJ. I don't see it.

I know we used to joke about CJ only being used as a decoy, but now we see what life is like without a decoy. The receivers don?t have the benefit of someone else drawing all the attention and it?s pretty much up to their own ability to get open and make plays, which doesn?t seem to be happening much right now. Having a bad coordinator doesn?t help either.

I?d say the Lions are (or have the potential to be) a more well-rounded team without CJ?s massive salary, but the receiving corps is definitely not looking better.

To the people saying we will sweep this division, and like our chances in various games, why? What has this team done to instill any form of confidence?

I just think our defense stacks up well against the 3 inexperienced/mediocre at best qbs in our division. If I had to pick a divisional team to lose against it'd be the Bears due to the rookie surprising us and lack of game tape to go off of

Last edited:
Back