Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sp8 could be back for the @UW game...

I'm glad he is healing so quickly, but it seems a bit dangerous to put him on the field so quickly. Especially with our pass protection.

My opinion depends how Peters looks vs. Maryland. If he does well and we win, then it might be time to give him his first taste of a tough road game.

Peters has been better than either of the other two, why change?

Obviously we want everybody healthy for depth.

Peters is playing with 25% of the playbook

is his better play worth that?

Was Sp8's piss poor play more a product of no run game, inexperienced WR, crappy pass pro?

I'm not really sure

ps I guess it doesn't really matter as "its a meritocracy" blah blah blah....Harbaugh will decide for us.

Peters is playing with 25% of the playbook

is his better play worth that?

Was Sp8's piss poor play more a product of no run game, inexperienced WR, crappy pass pro?

I'm not really sure

ps I guess it doesn't really matter as "its a meritocracy" blah blah blah....Harbaugh will decide for us.

He's only playing with 25% of the playbook?

What percentage were Speight and O'Korn playing with? I really don't know about the details of these things.

Did the run game emerge and did the wide receivers get experienced and the pass protection get better after Speight - and O'Korn, for that matter - go out?

To me, it seemed that Speight's problems are mostly between his ears - he seems not to have come back mentally from that injury last season.

Anyways, the team is playing better with Peters, so I would stick with him.

well, i admit, i don't know the exact % of the playbook each plays with, but I think it's quite obvious, the playcalling is limited with Peters...maybe that is a good thing, though.

You have to admit, the run game is a lot better than game 1 and the young receivers are looking better lately.

well, i admit, i don't know the exact % of the playbook each plays with, but I think it's quite obvious, the playcalling is limited with Peters...maybe that is a good thing, though.

You have to admit, the run game is a lot better than game 1 and the young receivers are looking better lately.

Yeah, maybe that's the reason the play calling has improved. Maybe Peters only knows how to run the plays that work and so the staff has stopped calling all the other plays they ran with Speight and O'Korn, which were all crap.

Last edited:

Even if the playcalling is limited it's clear that Peters can actually go through his pass progressions. His checkdown to Poggi against Rutgers might have been the first proper checkdown of the season.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Let's be real, the problem hasn't been QB. It's pass protection. Sure, Speight had his struggles with accuracy, but if the guy had time to throw, we would have scored a lot more often. That said, Peters is now in the same situation and has a better arm. All he needs is seasoning. Unless he gets his ass kicked against Maryland, there's no reason to let Speight take his job back.

O'Korn sucks ass, though.

Both Speight and OKorn had ample chance to prove they could move the offense and score. Neither was able to do it. Peters has. Peters has been able to lead scoring multiple scoring drives, back to back. Neither Speight or OKorn was able to do that. With Speight the offense couldn't score in the red zone. OKorn showed initial promise, but then fell off and looked awful before he was pulled. Peters should stay as the starter unless he screws up vs MD (fumbling snaps, multiple pass ints)). Then bring Speight in.

Both Speight and OKorn had ample chance to prove they could move the offense and score. Neither was able to do it. Peters has. Peters has been able to lead scoring multiple scoring drives, back to back. Neither Speight or OKorn was able to do that. With Speight the offense couldn't score in the red zone. OKorn showed initial promise, but then fell off and looked awful before he was pulled. Peters should stay as the starter unless he screws up vs MD (fumbling snaps, multiple pass ints)). Then bring Speight in.

I wouldn't say that. Peters has played well, but hasn't had to throw the ball all that much. Let's see how he does when our running game fails and he's on his back on every passing play. I'm all in favor of him over those two, but i think some fans are a bit too excited about him for this year. He's badly missed about 6 or 7 passes that could have been picked if not for piss poor defense.

I wouldn't say that. Peters has played well, but hasn't had to throw the ball all that much. Let's see how he does when our running game fails and he's on his back on every passing play. I'm all in favor of him over those two, but i think some fans are a bit too excited about him for this year. He's badly missed about 6 or 7 passes that could have been picked if not for piss poor defense.

He has not thrown six or seven passes that could have been picked. He threw one bad ball against Rutgers that should have been. What pass did he throw against the Golden Goofups that should have been picked?

yeah. I didn't understand that comment either. He had the one that could've very easily went for a pick 6 against Rutgers. He has missed horribly on about 6 or 7 of them, but they were thrown so poorly, even a defender would've had a hard time catching them.

Sorry, i should have said there were a lot of horribly thrown balls.

Yeah, maybe that's the reason the play calling has improved. Maybe Peters only knows how to run the plays that work and so the staff has stopped calling all the other plays they ran with Speight and O'Korn, which were all crap.

I heard earlier in the season, Hamilton and Drevno would keep insisting bad plays were good because they were both competing for Harbaugh's approval. neither wanted to admit their play calls didn't work, so we kept calling these bad plays.

finally Harbaugh brought a gun to a film review session and started shooting the screen whenever they reviewed a play that didn't work, kinda like how Elvis used to shoot TV's if he didn't like the show that was on. That intimidated the rest of the coaches, so they stopped calling plays that didn't work.

I got this information from a guy inside the program. nobody repeat it.

I heard earlier in the season, Hamilton and Drevno would keep insisting bad plays were good because they were both competing for Harbaugh's approval. neither wanted to admit their play calls didn't work, so we kept calling these bad plays.

finally Harbaugh brought a gun to a film review session and started shooting the screen whenever they reviewed a play that didn't work, kinda like how Elvis used to shoot TV's if he didn't like the show that was on. That intimidated the rest of the coaches, so they stopped calling plays that didn't work.

I got this information from a guy inside the program. nobody repeat it.

Well, that was better than your last one

I cant see putting Wilton back out there this year. We are bowl eligible but its almost impossible to make a new years 6 game so I say just let Peters play while Wilton heals up. After the season I fully expect Wilton to grad transfer.

Back