Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Southern Miss

biggunsbob

Up 20-6 now only 22-15.. same issue as last game 3 -12 from three. No tv for me.

Last edited:
Damn 27-26 now..maybe this team just isn't very good.

Last edited:
Disgusting half from up 20-6 to

HalftIme score losing 33-32.. yikes .

Last edited:
Down 40-36.. this team will beat no one playing like this :/

BTW Southern Miss was awful last season .. Just awful.

Trailing 40-38 michigan 11-0 run to take a 49-40 lead .

Teske the 10 points 11 rebounds off the bench

8 for 23 from three . But I think only two at halftime.

Last edited:
Both Simmons and Simpson did not play well on offense . Although Simmons did have 5 assists. .

Last edited:
There's nothing good to take from last night's game other than Teske's performance off the bench. Southern Miss is terrible. They are the worst team on our schedule all season and we laid an egg against them for 75% of the game.

We're going to have to figure out how to play with a PG who can't shoot the three very well. Brooks is the only one who can, but he's not going to get the majority of minutes.

The team may be better in transition and have to run more . I think Simmons and Simpson are better drivers then shooters. Simmons did have 5 assist in nineteen minutes. But your right Teske was the only bright spot . Yup Southern Miss is terrible. Both Iowa and osu played pretty subpar until They got it together. Nebraska who did play St Johns looked terrible. Robinson did hit his threes in the second half and ended 4-8.

Last edited:
The team may be better in transition and have to run more . I think Simmons and Simpson are better drivers then shooters. Simmons did have 5 assist in nineteen minutes. But your right Teske was the only bright spot . Yup Southern Miss is terrible. Both Iowa and osu played pretty subpar until They got it together. Nebraska who did play St Johns looked terrible. Robinson did hit his threes in the second half and ended 4-8.

Robinson needed to hit some threes. He was atrocious in the 1st half coming off a really bad shooting performance against CMU. Finally hit three open shots in a row. Not sure how he missed the wide open layup, but whatever.

I'm hoping Simmons can start using the pick and roll to get some mid-range jumpers to fall. That or use Rahk and Matthews as our primary pick and roll players.

I just feel like it is the exact same script every freaking season. This team always seems to sleep walk early, we write them off, they figure something out and make a run.

I just feel like it is the exact same script every freaking season. This team always seems to sleep walk early, we write them off, they figure something out and make a run.

your mistake here is switching from first person singular to plural.

YOU feel like...

okay.

WE write them off...?

no, YOU write them off.

I'm not writing them off. We all knew, or should have known, that replacing Walton was going to be extremely difficult. The offense is not going to be the same without him. We don't have a lights out shooter at PG anymore and some things will have to be tweaked to get the offense operating efficiently.

Luckily, we have the right coach to do that.

No, maybe we don't "write them off." But there is plenty, plenty of complaining and it's more than just me about how the team looks. It's a cycle every year.

Back