Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What's causing running game woes

What's causing running game woes

• Oc playcalling

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Oline

• Rbs suck

• Total voters
Stafford has a higher QB rating than Rivers and the Lions have had way more offensive injuries than the Chargers

Chargers D has a lot of 1st rounders on the line. Ingram, Bosa and Liuget. Mebane is a FA but was 1st rounder for Seattle way back

Hayward a good FA pickup for them. Verett is hurt. Trevor Williams out of nowhere playing well. But it all starts with Dline. Bosa already double digit sacks. I think he PED candidate. Ingram a beast and will have double digit sacks

It would be nice if all teams were 6-6 or worse in the Lions division too.

Chargers playing AFC West which isn't very strong, AFC East not strong other than Pats (they lost to Pats). They lost to Jags. They play NFC East which is weak this year too. Played Dallas without Elliot and they lost to Eagles. We beat the Giants by more than they did. Cleveland was their AFC North opponent. Lions beat Browns by more too. They beat Buffalo and lost to Miami

Uh ohhh!!! The very person who hates rating just cited Stafford's rating to try and prove his case.

Career:
Rivers- 94.8
Stafford- 87.8

WHOOPS!

Give me a break. The NFC North is shit. It is one of, if not the worst division in football.

Last edited:
Uh ohhh!!! The very person who hates rating just cited Stafford's rating to try and prove his case.

Career:
Rivers- 94.8
Stafford- 87.8

WHOOPS!

Give me a break. The NFC North is shit. It is one of, if not the worst division in football.

Stafford has had to deal with way more injuries and less run game and less short fields than Rivers. Stafford is getting better and better every year. Stafford is elite with Cooter

Rivers is a good QB but not elite

Stafford higher rating in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Stafford 2009 rookie season and injured weapons with little short fields drag him down in 2012 and 2013. Best run game in 2013 was still below average

Stafford >>>>>Rivers. Stafford is better than Rodgers and Brady, they just had better health to their support

Last edited:
Stafford >>>>>Rivers. Stafford is better than Rodgers and Brady, they just had better health to their support

you are a fucking dumbass. I take that back...that is an insult to your typical run of the mill dumbass.

Last edited:
I like how almost all arguments supporting Stafford are based entirely on what-ifs and situational advantages/disadvantages, never statistics. Can’t use QB Rating, QBR, PFF grades, etc. because they’re missing those imaginary numbers in the equation. Stafford couldn’t possibly have an 87.8 career rating because he’s an 87.8 rating-type QB.

As a moderator. you should not allow that either

I don't like any name calling but it's not up to me. If it's going to happen at least something less that the one he did use. Maybe he can use poo poo head or something. Or my favorite as a kid "you're a meanie."

Last edited:
I like how almost all arguments supporting Stafford are based entirely on what-ifs and situational advantages/disadvantages, never statistics. Can’t use QB Rating, QBR, PFF grades, etc. because they’re missing those imaginary numbers in the equation. Stafford couldn’t possibly have an 87.8 career rating because he’s an 87.8 rating-type QB.

Stafford played like a 110 QB rating QB but got fucking screwed over by injuries (to him and teammates).

He has the least running game (proven with stats), most drops (proven with stats) and least short fields (proven with stats). Weapon injuries rampant in 2012 and 2013 in mid 80s years. Plus 2009 lowers his number on a terrible team

Last edited:
The thing is when you want to compare Matt to other QB you never seem to bring up the injuries that team had. Or no running game etc.

The thing is when you want to compare Matt to other QB you never seem to bring up the injuries that team had. Or no running game etc.

They had less injuries, they all had more running game and shorter fields

I would like to say something here,
at one time or another, most all of us have used derogatory words to each other here, and in our every day lives.
The thing is some people know people who might have downs syndrome, and it is an upsetting word to them much like the words used in reference to a person's skin color, or ethnicity. Those words, I have always hated and am vehemently opposed to here or to hear.
So for all of us here, with some people who might regularly upset other posters with their interpretation of the Lions or any Detroit team, how about using another word besides retard....Shithead always works, asswipe, Richard Cranium aka Dickhead, you get it right??

I would like to say something here,
at one time or another, most all of us have used derogatory words to each other here, and in our every day lives.
The thing is some people know people who might have downs syndrome, and it is an upsetting word to them much like the words used in reference to a person's skin color, or ethnicity. Those words, I have always hated and am vehemently opposed to here or to hear.
So for all of us here, with some people who might regularly upset other posters with their interpretation of the Lions or any Detroit team, how about using another word besides retard....Shithead always works, asswipe, Richard Cranium aka Dickhead, you get it right??

I will try to remember to take that word out of my DSF vocabulary

I came in the middle of this and see the word used upset you and maybe others, so any of the expressions I suggested could be used when a poster drives another poster near the edge....

That post was actually to lkp's post. But thanks for saying what you did. It's just a terrible terrible word.

Last edited:
Stafford played like a 110 QB rating QB but got fucking screwed over by injuries (to him and teammates).

He has the least running game (proven with stats), most drops (proven with stats) and least short fields (proven with stats). Weapon injuries rampant in 2012 and 2013 in mid 80s years. Plus 2009 lowers his number on a terrible team

The stats describe the situation, not the QB. Stafford could put up better numbers if those situations were improved, but it?s still just assumptions and guessing. QB stats aren?t perfect but they generally give a good estimation of how well QBs perform compared to each other. Stafford may be better than his rating indicates, but I don?t think it?s by much, and he?ll never find himself in a perfect scenario because they rarely exist in the NFL.

Stafford is much much better than his career rating. His play is a 100+ rating QB. Many things have dragged that down

QB rating is a team stat for a lot of it. A good QB can be dragged down. A bad QB can also look better than he is aka Dak Prescott. Stafford is a good QB with mediocre ratings due to other factors. this can't be dispute

Every time Stafford gets a whiff of short fields or less drops or healthy weapons, he has a great QB rating

Back