Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Western game thread!!

Hard to bitch about the run blocking when we kept throwing in the first half. Also, we averaged over 4 yards per rush for the game. Not saying the line was stellar, but I wouldn't put them at the top of the list of problems.

Bottom line, for me anyways, is that I hope they give Terry some drives the next 2 games. If they don't like what they see then redshirt him. We know what we have in Maxwell. Yesterday was EXACTLY the same as all last year. We HAVE to put the guy on the field that gives us the best shot at moving the ball and if it's the kid then fuck the redshirt. This defense is too good to possibly throw away a season because you want to have a qb an extra year.

Not that hard to criticize when the qb has no time. 4 YPC would be fine against the top half of the league but when the QBs and WRs aren't in sync the protection should still be there and the run game should be automatic against WMU. Clearly, neither was the case last night.

Last edited:
First of Hello everyone,
I mostly read these forums, but after last nights game I couldn't resist pitching in my 2 cents.

I know everyone is quick to blame the receivers with the dropped passes and I'm not here to defend them in any way, but it's hard to catch a 4 yard pass when Maxwell is throwing it at 80 miles per hour. He has absolutely no touch on the ball and one game into the season I am already tired of seeing him play. I was actually excited to see Cook in the game until I saw some of his passes...how in the world was he invited to that Elite 11 or whatever the QB camp name is? Between the two I honestly don't know who is worse. I know that the coaches know much more than we do, but can we please get a whole half of JUST Damion Terry? If not a full half at least a quarter...if he goes out there and has a horrible game then you can redshirt him, but honestly he can't be worse than the 2 we are playing right now.

Also are slants and dump offs the only routes we run? 3rd and ten, lets throw a 4 yard slant and hope the receiver can make something happen. I watched South Carolina for 2 minutes and they scored a 60 yard TD pass, we haven't seen that happen here at MSU for over a year now.

Welcome..hope you continue to post.

Back