Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Georgia

If I had to put money on one player off this team that could end up in the nba it would be Clark.

Trice is too small.....classic 2 guard trapped in a small point guard body.
Valentine....good college player.....wouldn't be able to defend the NBA logo let alone an NBA 2 guard.
Dawson.....I've bern saying for two years Dawson should declare for the NFL draft. He has TE written all over him. He is an elite athlete.....just not a basketball player.
Tum....no.
Clark......possibly. Needs a ton of work but flashes ability. I wish he would stop shooting 3's this year.
Schilling.....NBA body. Kindergarteners head. No offensive game.

Clark shoots 36% from 3. Not lights out, but not that bad for a freshman.

Problem is that when he misses it's usually WAY off lol

I think Dawson could still land on an NBA roster because of his defensive versatility. It would have to be a very specific team looking for that kind of skillset. Plenty of guys have found niche roles like that in the past.

I think Denzel has a chance. Athletically he is nothing great, but he has the size and his shooting has become NBA caliber to go along with his court vision and passing. He obviously needs to cut out those occasional bone-headed plays.

Clark shoots 36% from 3. Not lights out, but not that bad for a freshman.

Problem is that when he misses it's usually WAY off lol
The problem is that he was shooting around 50% early and has made 3 or 4 shots since big ten play started

The problem is that he was shooting around 50% early and has made 3 or 4 shots since big ten play started

Player A 27%(59 attempts) redshirt freshman

Player B 29%(27 attempts)

Player C 34%(44 attempts)

Player D 32%(49 attempts)

Clark 36%(56 attempts)

I'd say he's stacked up well against some of our best 3 pt shooters during their freshman seasons.

Player A-D are Morris Peterson, Jason Richardson, Shannon Brown and Drew Neitzel's freshman seasons.

He's definitely shot well enough to take the shot when left open. Imagine if Dawson had his outside shot.

Also sbee, once big ten season started his minutes were slashed. He really didn't play much for most of the conference slate until the last few weeks. Actually it was around the time we started playing better. Another interesting stat is that we are 7-7 when Clark plays less than 10 minutes and 17-4 when he plays 10+ minutes.

Also sbee, once big ten season started his minutes were slashed. He really didn't play much for most of the conference slate until the last few weeks. Actually it was around the time we started playing better. Another interesting stat is that we are 7-7 when Clark plays less than 10 minutes and 17-4 when he plays 10+ minutes.

That's because he was playing more minutes against easier non-conference opponents early on. And his minutes got slashed when he wasn't getting it done during most of the Big Ten season. We also had some injuries early that forced him into action.

Clark will be a solid rotation player, but he's basically an undersized 4 with some strength who can make 3-pointers. His ball handling and defense are not even at a level where he can play the 3 in college let alone the NBA. I'm not sure where he will get minutes next year if we get Swanigan and Bess comes back healthy.

Back