Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wisconsin Game

Sbee, I put more into what I see on the field on Saturday's over what happens wearing a red shirt in the safety of a controlled practice. To me, he just doesn't look like a college QB. Even when he was locked in on his wr he was usually high and off target. How many times did Corley have to leave his feet and nearly backflip to come down with a 15 yard pass? He left soooooo many yards out on the field by either missing his reads or throwing his wr off his route and stopping his momentum.

Sbee, I put more into what I see on the field on Saturday's over what happens wearing a red shirt in the safety of a controlled practice. To me, he just doesn't look like a college QB. Even when he was locked in on his wr he was usually high and off target. How many times did Corley have to leave his feet and nearly backflip to come down with a 15 yard pass? He left soooooo many yards out on the field by either missing his reads or throwing his wr off his route and stopping his momentum.

I agree, game situations are way different, TOC knows the MSU defensive scheme and personnel like the back of his hand, much easier in some respects though they know all of your tendencies. The coaches see them in similar situations all the time and felt like TOC was clearly the best choice, this isn't 2013 where there is a slim margin between multiple QB's. I'll trust the coaches but I understand that the leash got shorter, MD said as much about not having a QB "right now," which implies that there could be one down the road.

I think TOC looked like a college QB in the first two games of the year, solid and unspectacular against Furman, good against ND though his stats were padded by some shovel passes. He looked surprisingly adept at running the ball too, but Wisconsin was able to blitz a lot more than ND did, they were able to speed the game up for him a little bit.

Back