Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Northwestern Game

51 yards from the running backs, 1 sack. Same story, different week

When your QB who plays for 2.5 quarters is your leading rusher with 30 yards you're not going to win many games.

Last edited:
When your QB who plays for 2.5 quarters is your leading rusher with 30 yards you're not going to win many games.

Especially when he's pulled for a QB who is a proven loser.
If you looked at the stat sheet O'Connor had a good game again, but boy he was horrible!

If you looked at the stat sheet O'Connor had a good game again, but boy he was horrible!

exactly - 57 yard TD that 7 out of 10 times is picked off plus a ton of missed throws.and taking bad sacks. if Dantonio say TOC played well enough to win, I don't know if I'll laugh or cry.

first time we've given up 50 in spartan stadium since Sabam and that was to Nebraska (I was actually at that game) who was a juggernaut, not the Mildcats.

week in and week out this is the most ill prepared, uninspired team I've seen in years. and the play calling is atrocious. it's not just the players and injuries.

Last edited:
exactly - 57 yard TD that 7 out of 10 times is picked off plus a ton of missed throws.and taking bad sacks. if Dantonio say TOC played well enough to win, I don't know if I'll laugh or cry.

first time we've given up 50 in spartan stadium since Sabam and that was to Nebraska (I was actually at that game) who was a juggernaut, not the Mildcats.

week in and week out this is the most Ill prepared, engaged team I've seen in years. and the play calling is atrocious. it's not just the players and injuries.

This was the most points we have ever allowed in program history at Spartan Stadium. Proud to say I was in attendance for history today!

Well I'm not surprised considering our best RB was on the bench.
I know, we've all complained about play calling being too conservative this year. Yesterday was anything but, I don't know if we had one tailback run in the 2nd half, we put up some points but I just think we don't win without balance. Maybe we over corrected on the play calling. Of course you throw more when you're losing, no real good answer for this team. I just think that if you can't run the ball then the residual effect is huge, not just on offense. The d had its own problems but they were on the field a lot and they wear down, this is a thin dl to begin with. Just not good enough on the interior and that makes every other position group. Even Malik who was huge in this game had that God awful hold on a 2nd and 9 down field in completion. He just needs to be smarter than that, the game was 17-7 at the time and the day was playing OK.

Last edited:
Are you really saying TOC was part of the problem? My god, give the guy a break. He could have sat on the sidelines and felt sorry for himself, he took his demotion like a man and played well when he got his chance. It wasn't TOC going 3 and out over and over in the 1st half, they moved the football with him in there and scored 24 in the 2nd half. Complaining about TOC'S play in this game is just crazy.

This was the most points we have ever allowed in program history at Spartan Stadium. Proud to say I was in attendance for history today!

who would have thought we'd give up the most points at home in program history to the sub .500 Mildcats? and we would be 2-4 with losses to perennial basement dwellers just one season after winning the B1G and making the CFB playoff

Last edited:
I hate to bitch about the schedule but it's one of a multitude of factors. A bye would be amazing right now or if one was on the horizon. It only gets worse next year. NW was coming off their best game of the year @Iowa and then had a week off to prepare for us. I'm not saying we would have beaten them otherwise but it was one of many factors. Thanks Bama and emu

I hate to bitch about the schedule but it's one of a multitude of factors. A bye would be amazing right now or if one was on the horizon. It only gets worse next year. NW was coming off their best game of the year @Iowa and then had a week off to prepare for us. I'm not saying we would have beaten them otherwise but it was one of many factors. Thanks Bama and emu

You can give this team 5 weeks off, they are not beating anyone! There is not one position on this team where you can say "they are a good bunch". Maybe the WRs.

c'mon man. the schedule wouldn't even make the list of top 10 reasons we are a losing football team. i don't see it moving one game into the win column - UNLESS we lose to Rutgers or ill. And a bye wouldn't be so amazing now really - we are 2&4, with ass kicking losses to IU and NW. There is no redeeming this season.

it's delusional to think the schedule has more to do with this season than coaching. I'm not saying you think that, but if you do, it's legitimately delusional.

c'mon man. the schedule wouldn't even make the list of top 10 reasons we are a losing football team. i don't see it moving one game into the win column - UNLESS we lose to Rutgers or ill. And a bye wouldn't be so amazing now really - we are 2&4, with ass kicking losses to IU and NW. There is no redeeming this season.

it's delusional to think the schedule has more to do with this season than coaching. I'm not saying you think that, but if you do, it's legitimately delusional.
That's what I said, not a reason we lost but a bye would be welcome.

You can give this team 5 weeks off, they are not beating anyone! There is not one position on this team where you can say "they are a good bunch". Maybe the WRs.
Wr's aren't that good. We've had a ton of critical drops and you don't see the routes that weren't run properly on TV

Back