Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Basketball early games thread

johnny2x2x

No reason for a thread for each game, we have several weak opponents coming up. The next 7 games are stinkers and we don't play anyone of note until Maryland on January 4th.

Crushed Nebraska last night by 29 despite not playing all that great. Team is holding opponents the a nation's best 33% shooting. Ward had 22 points last night and is staying out of foul trouble. JJJ was a beast with 16 and 10 with 3 blocks. Winston had 16-7-7.

Izzo was not happy with the team's performance, I think you're going to see him coach this team really hard because he's looking for perfection. We're going to see a lot of blowouts this season as they are competing with themselves.

The rim protection for this team is unlike anything we have ever had here. Bombing 3s is the only chance most teams will have.

The D is really solid, Tim Miles said we were the best team he's coached against since joining the big ten. He said that you can only really drive to pass, driving to score isn't really an option. We need to watch out for silly fouls like over the back or some out of control charges but a very clean game overall. only 6 turnover and +14 on the boards will win a ton of games for you even when the other team is hot from 3 like nebraska last night.

I hate this quick turnaround with Rutgers, we haven't played a true road game yet so this will be a new experience. at least rutgers played on the road yesterday as well.

No reason for a thread for each game, we have several weak opponents coming up. The next 7 games are stinkers and we don't play anyone of note until Maryland on January 4th.

Crushed Nebraska last night by 29 despite not playing all that great. Team is holding opponents the a nation's best 33% shooting. Ward had 22 points last night and is staying out of foul trouble. JJJ was a beast with 16 and 10 with 3 blocks. Winston had 16-7-7.

Izzo was not happy with the team's performance, I think you're going to see him coach this team really hard because he's looking for perfection. We're going to see a lot of blowouts this season as they are competing with themselves.

The rim protection for this team is unlike anything we have ever had here. Bombing 3s is the only chance most teams will have.

one more thing on the shooting %, we are holding teams to 33% from 2, which is the best in the NCAA.............by 5 full percentage points, that's ridiculous

How many big ten games will they lose? 3? I think they will be favored in every single game until the end of the year.
The length and athleticism on this team is out of this world. Purdue has length but a guy like Haas is really a stump in terms of movement, I would say he is far from athletic. JJJ could play in the NBA today just based on his defense. Nick ward thoigh...he is a big dude but boy does he have a quick jump. The defense is suffocating, our offense is pretty good I?d say. The offense becomes really good when Langford and Mcquiad are hitting threes.

How many big ten games will they lose? 3? I think they will be favored in every single game until the end of the year.
The length and athleticism on this team is out of this world. Purdue has length but a guy like Haas is really a stump in terms of movement, I would say he is far from athletic. JJJ could play in the NBA today just based on his defense. Nick ward thoigh...he is a big dude but boy does he have a quick jump. The defense is suffocating, our offense is pretty good I?d say. The offense becomes really good when Langford and Mcquiad are hitting threes.

I think we'll go 15-3 in Big Ten play. Lose 2 road games where a team just feeds off the crowd and shoots great, lose a home game where we just play terribly.

I will say this, I might change my mind in a couple months, but I don't want to threaten going 18-0 in conference. This team needs to take a couple losses to keep their edge. Minny and Purdue are capable of beating us.

Any team can have 1 great night, but the margin for error is huge for us. Nebraska shot well from 3, was scrappy, and we still beat them by 29. If we stay out of foul trouble and take care of the ball no Big Ten team should keep it close vs us.

conference play is different when you're scouted to death, we'll lose a couple of games I'd bet, all depends on health. we're one wing injury away from being in real trouble there. Right now it looks like we're on a collision course to play Duke again.

was gonna take my little guy to RU tonight but he's had pneumonia since Monday - probably too late on a school night for a 2nd grader anyway.

was gonna take my little guy to RU tonight but he's had pneumonia since Monday - probably too late on a school night for a 2nd grader anyway.

After the first few minutes I was going to say you made the right call, but bridges is unconscious right now from 3

What a horrible half. Way too many jumpers and jittery play offensively, not boxing out very well either.

way too easy to guard Bridges on the perimeter - at least too easy to keep him from driving. He can shoot over this guy but he can't get to the rim at all.

I missed a lot of the game - why has Ward not played in the last 10+ minutes? Is he in the dog house for something other than going 1 for 5?

Ward played 30 seconds in the 2nd half, his mom is tweeting about it. He also was the only guy not up cheering after Jackson's dunk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

do you follow Ward's mom on twitter? that's hard core.
Someone else posted it on another board. Wards body language was really a bad look. Didn't cheer for big plays, didn't stand at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

yeah, I didn't see any of his minutes but he was not being a good team player on the bench.

horrible showing but it was the end of a brutal 2 weeks, 3 games in 5 days with back to back road games on opposite extremes of conference footprint with just 1 day of rest.

maybe this is just this team's "at Illinois" - not too long ago, some really talented MSU teams played some of the worst basketball at Champagne against some horrible Illinois teams.

I thought it was more Rutgers playing really really hard than us being bad tonight. They have a lot of size and crash the boards.

Ward was awful tonight and couldn't block out. He deserved to sit.

we played pretty bad - we're just as big, more talented and better coached. we should have lead by 15+ most of the way. RU missed some layups but overall defense was solid. Bridges shot the ball really well but he should be less one dimensional on offense, especially against the RUs of the world.

Back