Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs UConn game thread

Not after today, they took dawson and ap out of the game. Never thought that would happen

UConn took AP out of the game at the block, but Appling took Dawson out of the game. Countless times he had him with a single defender and decided to pass back around the perimeter.

I think rolling w appling finally caught up with us

You guys want to know something sad/funny? Chapman played 6 seconds today and had more points than Appling had all game.

Also Payne congratulating and hugging chapman after he hit the 3 was great.

I think rolling w appling finally caught up with us

I think the turning pt of the game was when Appling got the quick hook 2 minutes into the 2nd half and we went on a run to go up 9. Izzo brought Appling back in at that pt and it was a shit show for the next few minutes. We never recovered until late and then Appling had the horrible foul on the 3 to basically end our chances.

You guys want to know something sad/funny? Chapman played 6 seconds today and had more points than Appling had all game.

Also Payne congratulating and hugging chapman after he hit the 3 was great.

Also, those were our only bench pts

UConn took AP out of the game at the block, but Appling took Dawson out of the game. Countless times he had him with a single defender and decided to pass back around the perimeter.

Appling took MSU out of the game......not just Dawson.

Appling took MSU out of the game......not just Dawson.

I agree. I was just responding to sbee saying UConn took AP AND Dawson out. I agree they did a great job on AP, but Dawson wasn't getting the double when they'd swing the ball around to his side and Appling wouldn't feed him the ball.

Looking at the box score Uconn hit 21-22 free throws, MSU 7-8 that hurt. There was a lot wrong with this game its not even worth blabbering over at this point.

UCONN was the better team today. They deserved to win. Sad way for Payne and Appling to go out, but full credit to UCONN, they wanted it more and played harder and better.

Looking at the box score Uconn hit 21-22 free throws, MSU 7-8 that hurt. There was a lot wrong with this game its not even worth blabbering over at this point.

Agree. There was about 50 reasons this team lost but not worth bitching about it now.

Ellis didn't play today, I'm a huge fan of his. I know that most of the starters are leaving, but next year we could be a solid team. I'm assuming the lineup will be Trice, Ellis, Valentine, Kaminski, and Costello. I really think that Ellis and Valentine will be the leading scorers at about 17 each.

Sorry for all the MSU Spartans fans here . You guys had a Great season.

Parts of the game that I watched, UConn played good or better D, MSU had too many turnovers, Appling hasn't been what he was before he went out during regular season.

Given how we played, I'd say worse...

Exactly, if Florida beat uconn by 20 I'd think we wouldn't have beaten them and be moderately disappointed. I think with a healthy appling we were the best team in the country hands down and we still should have won with one handed appling

This was a golden opportunity wasted, the one that got away

Last edited:
Back