Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Oregon game

Sbee

MSU opens as 11 point underdogs, were listed as 13.5 prior to friday, at least that's moving in the right direction.

Travis Jacksons health will be a big issue, it's tough to be down two guys on the OL, might have to start a true freshmen.

sounds like Kings will be out, he's a big playmaker but we have a lot of depth at WR

still not predicting a MSU win but feel like we should be competitive

also a potential issue is that it's supposed to be 90 degrees at game time.

would that potentially slow them down or wear our defense out more?

You guys win by 2 touchdowns. 38-24

I'd love to share in the optimism but they are really good, I know we've been underdogs to OSU, Stanford, etc and took care of business. this is just about as tough of a matchup as you can have this year. I'm prediction we lose and then win out.

this will be the biggest non conference game in football this year and maybe the biggest pre-conference game in MSU history

I still vote MSU, 35-33.

Oregon ends up with more scoring drives (3 TDs, 4 FGs), but gets burned by not getting in the end zone. MSU wears out Oregon's speedy but not overly physical D while also giving it's defense enough time to rest between drives.

I think Narduzzi will have watched all those Stanford wins over Oregon and learned enough on how to gum up the Oregon attack. I think as long as we win the line of scrimmage, we should win the game. That's easier said than done, but it helps that we have LBs and DEs who can actually chase down Mariota on a scramble. I think last year's team would have actually struggled more, but we are more athletic this year on D.

Honestly, I think Oregon is overrated. Good defenses will smother them and your balanced offense will eat that D alive. Being at home might help though. Double digit win at minimum.

Autzen is a tough place to play... I think MSU will win, but I don't think the score differential will be double digits either way.

MSU defense is pretty good... It will be a really good game... toss up...

I think the wolverine lurkers on this board are hoping for a collective jinx by picking msu

Actually, a loss here kills the big ten. If both of us lose this weekend, we can forget about a b10 team in the playoff. No way Ohio goes unbeaten.

Why so jumpy Sbee... Don't you post a bunch on the Michigan board?

I could care less about the rest of the Big Ten... I hope O$U and MSU lose the rest of their games... I just think the game will be a toss up.. offense verses defense...Should be a classic... To Monsters point the rest of the Big ten needs this game if they want any shot at being in the final 4 already.... 0-1 with Wisconsin... Now the Big Ten turns to MSU and a Michigan for wins this weekend....

Last edited:
Actually, a loss here kills the big ten. If both of us lose this weekend, we can forget about a b10 team in the playoff. No way Ohio goes unbeaten.
MSU still has a chance with a loss. I'd even say that if MSU loses and Mich wins I'd still give MSU better odds of making the playoff. I don't care what Mich did against App St, that line needs to show me something before I could look at them as better than a 3 loss team.

MSU still has a chance with a loss. I'd even say that if MSU loses and Mich wins I'd still give MSU better odds of making the playoff. I don't care what Mich did against App St, that line needs to show me something before I could look at them as better than a 3 loss team.
Unless it's a blowout, 12-1 msu would be top 4.

Why so jumpy Sbee... Don't you post a bunch on the Michigan board?

I could care less about the rest of the Big Ten... I hope O$U and MSU lose the rest of their games... I just think the game will be a toss up.. offense verses defense...Should be a classic... To Monsters point the rest of the Big ten needs this game if they want any shot at being in the final 4 already.... 0-1 with Wisconsin... Now the Big Ten turns to MSU and a Michigan for wins this weekend....
Jumpy? I just thought it's odd that um fans are picking msu. You might want to read my posts and think for one second before you respond.

Did I say anything about us being a great team? Our games are important this week because going 0-3 in out of conference "big" games looks bad. Would either of our teams get in as a 1 loss team against 1 loss sec or p12 teams? No way. Conference strength is going to factor in here. And both conferences are deep. The B10 isn't. There's also FSU.

Did I say anything about us being a great team? Our games are important this week because going 0-3 in out of conference "big" games looks bad. Would either of our teams get in as a 1 loss team against 1 loss sec or p12 teams? No way. Conference strength is going to factor in here. And both conferences are deep. The B10 isn't. There's also FSU.
OSU vs VA tech is a bigger game too. Nebraska vs Miami as well

I do not disagree with you.... Much more improvement is needed..

Jumpy? I just thought it's odd that um fans are picking msu. You might want to read my posts and think for one second before you respond.

I did read your post and you get all bent out of shape just because some UM fans are picking your team to win.. Instead of saying thanks your ears get smoke in them for some reason...
I thought you didn't believe in Jinxes ;)
I don't think I saw anyone post anything negative on this thread?
I thought more people posting on the MSU board is something you guys want?

I just don't see anybody going undefeated this year(including Fla St).

Back