Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Baylor Cotton Bowl

Gonna be tough given the chip Baylor comes in with but it's a B1G opportunity for the conference. I'm looking for Cook to have a bigger day than Petty with the result being a win for Sparty.

I do think Baylor will come in with a big chip on their shoulder not only for getting snubbed in the playoff but to make up for the big egg they laid vs UCF last year. MSU is going to have to match that attitude to win.

MSU looks like the more balanced team overall but the defense will have to play a lot better than it did vs Oregon and OSU. Getting a win and finishing in the top ten again would be pretty big as far as maintaining the reputation the program built after the Rose Bowl win last year.

Lippet on D will help and so will Mylan Hicks being healthy.

Baylor 52

Spartans 38

MSU has played two good teams this year.....OSU and Ore......and they averaged 47.5 pts. Baylor is as good or better offensively than either team.

Sorry to say it, but I don't see Sparty stopping Baylor very often.

Hope I'm wrong.

Herbstreet and Corso take msu, Desmond takes baylor

Gotta do well on 1st down defensively. If Baylor gets rolling with their fast pace it will take away our ability to sub.

In the end though, I think it will all be on our offense. We have to be able to match their scores all game. Not just for 1 or 2 qtrs.

48-38 Baylor

Back