Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Virginia

Sbee

12:10 sunday, Virginia -5. they've been a top 5 team all year but haven't played great as of late, been hampered by injuries a little bit. MSU needs to get some good transition opportunities because they're so tough in the half court. Hopefully we can run the break a little bit and find some shooters for transition 3's. Should be a great game and I think the winner makes the final four, of course Virginia is the likely winner but if we happened to get by them I could see us beating Oklahoma and Villanova. It will take one of our best games to win, need to play like we did vs Wisconsin last week.

Also, izzo is 12-1 in the round of 32 and 13-3 against Bennet ball, 12-3 vs the dad and 1-0 vs the son. Of course those were much different teams but it's a style we love to face. Izzo talked about how it was a war and a man's game last year.

If MSU can get 10+ transition points I like their chances. Hopefully dawson is hitting those short jumpers again on Sunday like he was Friday.

We need Tum to push the ball as fast as he can to try to get easy buckets. I'm assuming Virginia will run everyone back and not even attempt the offensive rebound. I hope Costello starts..

Justin Anderson was back scoring double figures on Thursday. That is bad news as some of their slippage late in the season was due to him being out or not healthy.

I agree we are definitely going to have to run when the opportunity is there as their halfcourt defense is suffocating. This is a game where Izzo is going to have to pull his short turnaround NCAA magic.

I imagine they will also have some extra motivation given that we knocked them out last year.

Dawson went for 24 and 10 against them last year. I like our chances. Izzo loves playing against Bennett Ball and is 13-3 in his career against Bennett coaches teams. It's going to be a grind.

Dawson and Costello are going to have to be quick and decisive when they get the ball down low. Virgina doubles the post at every opportunity and you often don't know where the double team is coming from, though many times it is coming from the weak side post defender.

Dawson and Costello are going to have to be quick and decisive when they get the ball down low. Virgina doubles the post at every opportunity and you often don't know where the double team is coming from, though many times it is coming from the weak side post defender.

Virginia would be wise to come off of Tum Tum to double.

Narin's like a cop in a white neighborhood.......he won't shoot.

Glad it's the second game of the weekend. Last year I think the game was such a grind that it hurt us against UCONN.

Wow if Villanova losses which it's looking like they might this bracket becomes a joke. Whoever wins the Virginia-MSU game is going to have no problem getting to final 4.

The committee blew it giving Villanova the #2 overall seed. At best they should have been given the 4th #1, and I thought Virginia and Arizona as #2s were both better teams.

The committee blew it giving Villanova the #2 overall seed. At best they should have been given the 4th #1, and I thought Virginia and Arizona as #2s were both better teams.

They also blew it by giving MSU the 7 seed. Being a 6 in this region would've been beautiful!!

Don't look now, but there's the possibility that the ACC could end up with 6 in the Sweet 16. Hopefully there's something MSU can do about that.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the game today. I think we get it done by 8 pts.

I'm just praying that Trice is on today. Need him to lay off the mid range jumpers.

Wow if Villanova losses which it's looking like they might this bracket becomes a joke. Whoever wins the Virginia-MSU game is going to have no problem getting to final 4.

There is no way you can have that opinion about MSU if you've watched ANY of their games this year.

No problem??

Hardly. Louisville is tough. NC State is hot right now. MSU is good, but they play to the level of their competition.....can't close games......can't hit FT.......and depend too much on the 3 ball to have an easy time against ANYONE left in the field.

This quarter of the bracket does offer the least path of resistance, though.

There is no way you can have that opinion about MSU if you've watched ANY of their games this year.

No problem??

Hardly. Louisville is tough. NC State is hot right now. MSU is good, but they play to the level of their competition.....can't close games......can't hit FT.......and depend too much on the 3 ball to have an easy time against ANYONE left in the field.

This quarter of the bracket does offer the least path of resistance, though.

:nod:

Back