Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Virginia

kind of an odd unsung hero but good job by schilling to at least stay on the floor to give costello a break. i think virginia would abuse wollenman if we had to go that route

it's actually 7 of 8 sweet 16's, pretty amazing for a down year.

6 turnovers today and a great, great defensive effort, maybe one of the best i'f ever seen from MSU

Love how Izzo says get me through the first game I'll get you through the second, that was really the case. we did such a good job on them inside, a lot of it was the fact that they didn't have a pick and pop guy like last year but great one day prep.

Oklahoma it is, hoping we would get an easier draw.

I actually like our draw - of all the "underdogs", we have the most beatable opponent in my opinion. Sure, I'd rather be playing Dayton and I think Dayton should have won that game but Oklahoma is probably the most beatable "favorite" left in the tourney.

Last edited:
another takeaway from this weekend, I just absolutely love Magic Johnson. It's great to see former players come back, i know that Michael Jordon or Chris Webber may take a photo opp when their team is in the title game but Magic is back every year, keeps in contact with players, knows their stats and their games, etc. He is a gem, my favorite athlete of all time.

We're 2 point(this will go up) favorites to beat OU and we're easily the favorite to come out of our region to make it to Indy. Of the 3 teams left in our region NC State is the toughest out for us IMO.

We're 2 point(this will go up) favorites to beat OU and we're easily the favorite to come out of our region to make it to Indy. Of the 3 teams left in our region NC State is the toughest out for us IMO.

I'd put our final four chances around 35%, Lousiville will be tough too

Louisville cannot shoot this year, I would love to see them in the regional finals.

assuming both games are 50/50 that would give us a 25% chance to make it. I think we're a little better than that but we're 2pt favorites and I'd say 2pt favorites win about 55-60% of the time, hardly a sure thing. I heard people on another board talking about how we would match up against UK, time to back up and worry about an Oklahoma team that beat some good teams and played well in losses to good teams.

On a side note. Yesterday towards the end of the game there was a foul called and Costello pulled up for 3 and ripped it. This guy could be threat next year from the way that shot looked. AP and Green developed that around their Jr year, im hoping he might have that ability too. Not comparing him to either, maybe just wishful thinking.

On a side note. Yesterday towards the end of the game there was a foul called and Costello pulled up for 3 and ripped it. This guy could be threat next year from the way that shot looked. AP and Green developed that around their Jr year, im hoping he might have that ability too. Not comparing him to either, maybe just wishful thinking.

I watched him play in high school, he actually had a pretty decent mid range shot for a big man and had good form. Not sure why he can't hit outside of 5 feet now.

He's been moving further out as the season's gone on. That would be a huge asset for our guards if he could start drawing more attention with his shot on picks up top.

Back