Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Virginia

Denzel and Tum getting those early 2 fouls really hurt. Ellis is forced to play too many minutes.

If that wasn't a foul on trice then I don't know what a foul is. Fucking bullshit

I thought the same then I went to box score to see foul differential, it 5 on us and 3 on them. I Refs just letting them play which is what we need. We need to convert one here so we keep it at 6 or more going into half time.

With the lineup that we've had out there for the last 5 minutes, it's criminal that Trice hasn't taken a shot.

When tum tum goes to the bench the game slows down. We need him big time. I think State has scored 6 points since he was benched

Offense went to sleep the last 10 minutes, but I'll take a 5 pt lead at the half.

Just giving up too many boards

Yep, second chances and turnovers (including bad shot selection that don't show up up as TOs on the stat sheet) are the reason we don't have a double digit lead.

Last edited:
Typical 2015 MSU team.

Build a lead.

Look dominant for 10 minutes.

Miss FT's.

Stop running.

Look lost for 10 minutes

Let other team hang close.

That's been my biggest beef with him. He settles too often on the jumper. There was no reason he need to fire that up where he did.

We could have been up 7-8 and they could have got it to within 2 if they hit a 3 at the end. Still 4 seconds on the clock. Valentine and Nairn being out really did make things stodgy the last 10 minutes. Valentine is going to be no show, hes either on or not at all.

We need Tum Tum and DV to play to effectively run our offense against them.

5 turnovers for the half isn't that bad considering we were without 2 starting guards for most of the half.

It's not that bad and I edited my post to include poor shot selection we've been forced into. They don't show up on the stat sheet as a turnover but have a similar effect.

Back