Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

National semifinal vs Bama

I'd say we have a 45% chance of winning if cook is healthy, I'll give us the benefit of the doubt. I think osu is a better all around team than bama and we beat them. I can say for sure we're the best team bama has played.

MSU 24
Bama 20

Bama 35
MSU 7.

repeat of that one bowl game a couple years ago.
You mean 6 years ago? These teams are way different than those two, Bama had 7 starters that were eventual 1st round picks and a bunch more on the depth chart. Their top 3 backs were mark ingram, Trent richardson, and Eddie lacy. We were still working with Mac talent back then, as good of a guy as jihn stipek was he isn't much of a match for Marcell Darius.

I'd say we have a 45% chance of winning if cook is healthy, I'll give us the benefit of the doubt. I think osu is a better all around team than bama and we beat them. I can say for sure we're the best team bama has played.

MSU 24
Bama 20

OSU is probably a better team than MSU as well...just not on that Saturday.

I don't know what team is the best that Bama has played up until today. The SEC seems to be down this year. They have a lot of good teams but Bama seems to be the cream of the crop.

I hope MSU wins...I am sucking in my bowl pool so I switched to MSU thinking almost everybody else will take Bama!

OSU is probably a better team than MSU as well...just not on that Saturday.

I don't know what team is the best that Bama has played up until today. The SEC seems to be down this year. They have a lot of good teams but Bama seems to be the cream of the crop.

I hope MSU wins...I am sucking in my bowl pool so I switched to MSU thinking almost everybody else will take Bama!
I find it hard to make that argument since we won in Columbus, without our starting qb, absolutely dominated them in yardage and their only scores were off our turnovers (1 unforced ) but for the sake of argument say they are better. Regardless, msu is tested against highly ranked teams, beating 4 top 15 teams while bama hasn't played any.

weve lost by double digits 2 times in 65 games ad the ND game was an ass raping by the refs (even several commentators agreed) :lmao:

Last edited:

MSU 24
Bama 20

Funny, I was thinkng earlier we have a 45% chance of winning as well. You zoning in on my brainwaves?

Funny, I was thinkng earlier we have a 45% chance of winning as well. You zoning in on my brainwaves?
The reason I say that is that I think these teams are evenly matched and play similar styles. Why is Bama heavily favored? I think it's mainly their brand name, they may win, may win big or lose big but there isn't much of a justification of them being 10pt favorites other than than their brand. If you looked at a generic team a vs team b, quality wins, stats, injuries etc I couldn't see a line of more than 3pts.

The reason I say that is that I think these teams are evenly matched and play similar styles. Why is Bama heavily favored? I think it's mainly their brand name, they may win, may win big or lose big but there isn't much of a justification of them being 10pt favorites other than than their brand. If you looked at a generic team a vs team b, quality wins, stats, injuries etc I couldn't see a line of more than 3pts.

Thats exactly what it is, their football brand name and "The SEC".

I don't see anything wrong with that. Alabama is an elite program and SHOULD be favorites in a playoff game.

Unless you're betting on the game....no reason to pay attention to the line anyway.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Alabama is an elite program and SHOULD be favorites in a playoff game.

Unless you're betting on the game....no reason to pay attention to the line anyway.
Generally the line gives you a decent indication of who is going to win, 10 pt favorites usually win but it's tougher to predict bowl games without common opponents.

Generally the line gives you a decent indication of who is going to win, 10 pt favorites usually win but it's tougher to predict bowl games without common opponents.

Again, unless you're betting on the game the line matters because??

Id say throw one deep back at them but if cook has .5 seconds it wont work. He isnt getting any protection and our guys arent catching the ball. We knew it was coming. Our backs FING SUCK! "the frequent flyers zone"

Last edited:
id say throw one deep back at them but if cook has .5 seconds it wont work. He isnt getting any protection and our guys arent catching the ball. We knew it was coming. Our backs fing suck! "the frequent flyers zone"

bump!!!!!

Back