Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs MTSU

Sbee

should be a little bit of a test today, MTSU can shoot the 3, led by Giddy Potts one of the best in the country. they have 4-5 men that can put the ball on the floor and drive so it creates a little different challenge for Costello and Davis. They play a little zone and trap, but don't do it very well. I love when teams try to press MSU and aren't super athletic, we tend to rip right through that for easy baskets. Potts is a shooter but he's stationary, a somewhat easy cover for us. They have little not no size and less depth. They beat some other decent mid major teams, they won their conference and the great alaska shootout beating UNC Ashville (who just played duke tough) so they have some talent.

I'd expect them to play with us up until the 8-10 minute mark and we then pull away. they don't have the depth to run with us or the size to deal with Costello, Davis, and Schilling. Hopefully we get a chance to sit some guys late since we're coming off a quicker turnaround than other teams, having 2 grinder games over the weekend.

should be a little bit of a test today, MTSU can shoot the 3, led by Giddy Potts one of the best in the country. they have 4-5 men that can put the ball on the floor and drive so it creates a little different challenge for Costello and Davis. They play a little zone and trap, but don't do it very well. I love when teams try to press MSU and aren't super athletic, we tend to rip right through that for easy baskets. Potts is a shooter but he's stationary, a somewhat easy cover for us. They have little not no size and less depth. They beat some other decent mid major teams, they won their conference and the great alaska shootout beating UNC Ashville (who just played duke tough) so they have some talent.

I'd expect them to play with us up until the 8-10 minute mark and we then pull away. they don't have the depth to run with us or the size to deal with Costello, Davis, and Schilling. Hopefully we get a chance to sit some guys late since we're coming off a quicker turnaround than other teams, having 2 grinder games over the weekend.

Another reason the 2 seed in the mid-west is better than the 1 seed, it gave us an extra day off.

MTSU likes to switch their defense a lot against teams. Their offense can hit shots but goes in some slumps. Being a MTSU grad I hope they keep it close but I think they are going to get run out of the gym.

MTSU likes to switch their defense a lot against teams. Their offense can hit shots but goes in some slumps. Being a MTSU grad I hope they keep it close but I think they are going to get run out of the gym.
It's good that we play a variety of defenses throughout the year. Louisville created problems doing the same thing bit obviously they had a lot of size

If we win today Syracuse is going to be a tough matchup, they have a really big backcourt with guys around 6'6" and 6'7" and we don't have a real defensive stopper at that size. I assume Denzel will be on Malachai Richardson but that will deplete the gas tank a little bit. The Syracuse zone can be tough with the kind of athletes they have, I think we're way better coached and there will be plenty of open looks from 3 but this will be a tough matchup. I'd bet we're favored by 6-7 max against a 13 loss team.

Great time for Tragic Johnson to show up. Some horrible shots by Denzel.

Forbes has really fell off. He's not really helping the team in any area lately.

1 play 5 seconds commercial lol! The game never gets started

Last edited:
Back