Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Josh Jackson to kansas, possibly tonight.

Changing by the minute now. Supposed talking to mom and grandma tonight, if it gets delayed that's good for us

I know there are a lot of factors but I stick by my statement. it was over after the other day, I just accepted it.

So based on that logic we need to all be big Maryland fans tonight?

Guess it makes as much sense as letting your mom dictate where you go to school.

Nobody knows why these kids go where they go but id think not blowing one like we did would help maybe 5 %. Im pulling for MAryland regardless of what he does...

Last edited:
Supposedly there was a meeting last night and now it's up in the air. This is becoming Malik McDowell 2.0

Girlfriend is now saying he announces next week at the McDonald's AA game

Then he will announce at a red carpet event, then aboard Air Force One, and finally while on the moon.

Hearing his "camp" called Kansas and said he was committing, but Jackson refused to do it, he wants to go to MSU. Now he's going to announce his decision next weekend. He has a week to work in his mom.

I think he ends up at MSU, she's not going to prevent him from going where he really wants to. I'm sure he likes Kansas, there's a lot to like but there are so many things in our favor. His friends are part of the class, his girlfriend will be 1hr away, he grew up a MSU fan, he'd be able to play in front of family and friends.

I think the kid wins this one but it's going to be eventful

We'll see. It sounds like they (as in his "camp") are overthinking things, probably thinking there is less competition for playing time at KU and more opportunity (and who knows maybe Self having more experience/success with and done types in the past). If you're pretty much a surefire one and done who's likely to start from Day 1 no matter where you go none of those considerations need apply. Might as well go where you are going to enjoy yourself the most for that one year.

Ugh. What is the deal with MSU and controlling moms? Geez.

We aren't sexy. We don't focus the offense around one player (we did with DV more this year than in any year I can remember) and these kids parents and their "camps" are more interested in getting him to a paycheck than they are anything else. They couldn't care less about him playing with his boys or him being close to his girlfriend.

MSU is only going to be a target for players who are targeting on working on their games for 3 or more years and who's parents are interested in developing the man as well. We just are NOT going to get many one and done players.

We're marriage material.......not the drunk, slutty hot girl at the bar you want to bend over your couch.

Weird news. Jackson's HS team is playing in Kansas tonight, Jackson did not make the trip with his team.

We'll see. It sounds like they (as in his "camp") are overthinking things, probably thinking there is less competition for playing time at KU and more opportunity (and who knows maybe Self having more experience/success with and done types in the past). If you're pretty much a surefire one and done who's likely to start from Day 1 no matter where you go none of those considerations need apply. Might as well go where you are going to enjoy yourself the most for that one year.

I don't think JJ will have any issue with playing time at MSU or KU. Keep in mind that 5 star players were on Kansas's team this year and haven't gotten many minutes, dialo played less than DD just FYI. The people in his camp need to think that if he's good enough to do what he's projected to do, competition doesn't matter.

also, his mom just tweeted not to believe anything you read for what that's worth

Well.....I will hope he's Green & White when it's all said and done......but I hate all the drama surrounding this.

Just decide, announce, and get to work. Stop all the "look at me" BS.

Well.....I will hope he's Green & White when it's all said and done......but I hate all the drama surrounding this.

Just decide, announce, and get to work. Stop all the "look at me" BS.

Huh? He's been trying to commit to MSU for months and his mom wanted him to delay his decision and now she is pushing him to Kansas. If it were up to Josh he would already be an MSU commit.

Huh? He's been trying to commit to MSU for months and his mom wanted him to delay his decision and now she is pushing him to Kansas. If it were up to Josh he would already be an MSU commit.[/

Bill $elf

Last edited:
Huh? He's been trying to commit to MSU for months and his mom wanted him to delay his decision and now she is pushing him to Kansas. If it were up to Josh he would already be an MSU commit.

Trying???

How do you TRY to commit to a school?

Back